1. They could have released an EP in the summer of 2002, and then done Europe in the summer, South America and Australia/Asia later in the year. They could have filled any stadium they wanted... kind of hard to imagine why they didn’t.

I also remember the tickets for the 3rd leg were supposed to go on sale on Sept 12, but were pushed back a week. Meaning some of those shows had less than a month to sell!! Compare that to 2018, where some shows were announced more than a year in advance!!
  2. I don't think Elevation was ever meant to be a global mega tour... not after PopMart. I'm sure that they were quite happy to finish it of at the end of the year.
  3. But we know that a 2002 Stadia tour was discussed.
  4. I think it is time for another retrospective.
  5. We only learned that dates were solidified within the last few years. We never knew hard dates. Only rumours. In recent years (post 2010) we knew actual dates.
  6. I think it's safe to say that at one point there was a stadium tour being tentatively planned for the summer of 2002. I really do believe they just decided they wanted to move on and begin the next album with Chris Thomas. And as somebody already said, they were planning to go to Japan and Australia in late 2001, after the Las Vegas show on 11/18. At some point they made a decision against that, and added the shows from the 11/19 Los Angeles show and onward. Things like this have probably happened more than we know.

There's also the case of the original Vertigo Tour dates, which began in Miami on March 1st 2005. Due to the illness of Edge's daughter, the 2005 tour was delayed by almost a month, and the dates/cities were basically thrown in a blender. This rescheduling happened before the tour was announced, but they were apparently only days away from announcing it and then the announcement was put on hold until they could assess Sian's illness.

They could've released an EP in the summer of 2002 with Electrical Storm, and some others like Levitate, Love you like mad, Flower Child, etc, and had some new material to breathe life into the 2nd year of the Elevation Tour, similar to Zooropa and Zoo TV.
  7. But we got POP 2
  8. Originally posted by podiumboy:I think it's safe to say that at one point there was a stadium tour being tentatively planned for the summer of 2002. I really do believe they just decided they wanted to move on and begin the next album with Chris Thomas. And as somebody already said, they were planning to go to Japan and Australia in late 2001, after the Las Vegas show on 11/18. At some point they made a decision against that, and added the shows from the 11/19 Los Angeles show and onward. Things like this have probably happened more than we know.

There's also the case of the original Vertigo Tour dates, which began in Miami on March 1st 2005. Due to the illness of Edge's daughter, the 2005 tour was delayed by almost a month, and the dates/cities were basically thrown in a blender. This rescheduling happened before the tour was announced, but they were apparently only days away from announcing it and then the announcement was put on hold until they could assess Sian's illness.

They could've released an EP in the summer of 2002 with Electrical Storm, and some others like Levitate, Love you like mad, Flower Child, etc, and had some new material to breathe life into the 2nd year of the Elevation Tour, similar to Zooropa and Zoo TV.
    They actually went to Monaco right after the Elevation tour and tried to put that tour energy into some studio cuts.
  9. Originally posted by miryclay:[..]
    They actually went to Monaco right after the Elevation tour and tried to put that tour energy into some studio cuts.
    Just out of interest did that studio work produce anything ? Electrical storm ? Was it the start of the atomic bomb sessions ?
  10. Originally posted by wbarenno:[..]
    Just out of interest did that studio work produce anything ? Electrical storm ? Was it the start of the atomic bomb sessions ?
    Stuff that would appear on Best of 1990-2000, including Electrical Storm, the recordings and remixes of Pop material and possibly Hands that Built America.

Maybe that stadium tour in 2002 was going to promote Best of 1990-2000, but they did the right thing not becoming a novelty act. When you look back, it was best they finished that tour when it did anyway. Going back and doing the Superbowl half-time show and hiding for a little while did them good.