1. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:And in the Popmart Mexico show filmed for DVD he complained about a douchebag pointing a laser to his eyes (that part only appeared in the broadcast for Mexican T.V. in December 1997, if I recall correctly).
    It's very admirable how Bono can (almost always) shrug off the rude behavior of the crowd and keep giving his all like nothing happened. He has nerves of steel.
    and Zoo TV Sydney, at the end of Until The End when he goes into the audience he's shouting quite angrily. Not sure though if he's mad at someone or that it's part of his act.
  2. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:And in the Popmart Mexico show filmed for DVD he complained about a douchebag pointing a laser to his eyes (that part only appeared in the broadcast for Mexican T.V. in December 1997, if I recall correctly).
    It's very admirable how Bono can (almost always) shrug off the rude behavior of the crowd and keep giving his all like nothing happened. He has nerves of steel.

I knew there was another time this happened and I just remembered.

Glastonbury.
  3. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    and Zoo TV Sydney, at the end of Until The End when he goes into the audience he's shouting quite angrily. Not sure though if he's mad at someone or that it's part of his act.
    Pretty sure he's acting there, it's part of the performance.
  4. Definitely acting. He snarls at the crowd after reaching out and shaking hands, but it's all theatre; there's nothing in it.

5. Wow never seen that before, is it on the dvd?
  6. Yes, someone tries throwing a beer at him like at Slane. You can see him dodge it right before the finger
  7. I never ever need to hear Elevation, Vertigo, Mysterious Ways, Pride, and maybe Beautiful Day live again.

There are plenty of songs in the catalogue that get the crowd jumping that also have genuine lyrical and musical depth.

8. This isn't a popular thoughts thread
  9. My U2 secret: I was not a fan of The Joshua Tree. When it was released everyone started to love U2 and I was not happy because it was my band! I followed them since War.

Flash forward to the planning of 30th anniversary tour of the album. My daughter said “I guess you are not going to see them this tour?” I said “The boys are going to force me to change my mind on the album. They know I cannot go see them in concert.” Of course I went and It blew me away. I just love this band.
  10. In 1991, after being a U2 fan for 3 years already and even traveling to Dublin in 1989 to see them live, I literally split up with U2 after I was listening to Achtung Baby cause I didn’t like it at all.
    This „I didn’t like it at all“ lasted until 2015.
    Until 2015, I did not notice any of U2, not of the iTunes album release on the iPhone, and even not in 2010 when Bono had his back surgery in my gown town
  11. I bought these 'grandma' Jackie Kennedy sunglasses in '91 and tried to mold them into 'Fly glasses' with a lighter Man was I looking for those glasses back then..
  12. Originally posted by melon51:I bought these 'grandma' Jackie Kennedy sunglasses in '91 and tried to mold them into 'Fly glasses' with a lighter Man was I looking for those glasses back then..
    Hahaha, epic!