1. True. The U2 show in paris 2018 was the dullest thing in a weekend Paris. Also 2 anoying Italians talking loudly through the whole show. Almost wanted to fight this dude.
    Glad U2 changes the setlist by the time the Amsterdam shows. Almost Sold my tickets.
  2. Bruxelles and Gelsenkirchen in 2005. Bruxelles: Rotten stadium, bad sound, badly organised parking (took us about three hours to get off the parking lot).
    The stage wasn't 'working' in daylight.
    Not a very good show overall.

Gelsenkirchen: Bad sound, as nearly always in that arena/stadium, not a very good show.
    Overall, I did not like the setlists of those first Vertigo shows in 2005, didn't flow well.

But many, many other very good shows with good memories make up for those two easily.

3. nothing did spoil the fun. We still had a great time. It's was just a bit of different experience than most of the other U2 shows. I think for E&I the setlist was just less suited for casual fans and it seems like there were quite a few there ticking U2 of their bucketlist, that maybe should have picked JT30 with the big hits instead of E&I.
  4. Originally posted by Pipo:[..]

True. The U2 show in paris 2018 was the dullest thing in a weekend Paris. Also 2 anoying Italians talking loudly through the whole show. Almost wanted to fight this dude.
    Glad U2 changes the setlist by the time the Amsterdam shows. Almost Sold my tickets.
    Yes I was also going to sell the rest of my tickets if they didn’t change the set list.

Thankfully in Cologne they were rehearsing TUF and in Paris they started to rehearse Stay.
  5. Originally posted by Papo:Bruxelles and Gelsenkirchen in 2005. Bruxelles: Rotten stadium, bad sound, badly organised parking (took us about three hours to get off the parking lot).
    The stage wasn't 'working' in daylight.
    Not a very good show overall.

Gelsenkirchen: Bad sound, as nearly always in that arena/stadium, not a very good show.
    Overall, I did not like the setlists of those first Vertigo shows in 2005, didn't flow well.

But many, many other very good shows with good memories make up for those two easily.
    Vertigo Leg 2 has to be one of the least memorable sections of a U2 tour. Only one performance of Bad and a handful of Wild Horses. Then playing Vertigo twice. I’m not a fan.
  6. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    Vertigo Leg 2 has to be one of the least memorable sections of a U2 tour. Only one performance of Bad and a handful of Wild Horses. Then playing Vertigo twice. I’m not a fan.
    Absolutely hated that they played Vertigo twice during the Vertigo tour! Felt it was lazy considering the backlog of songs they excluded.

Personally, my least favourite show was Belfast 1997. The sound was ropey, the stage was higher than other venues and the band seemed nervous. Dublin a few days later was much much better.

For the record I loved Dublin in 2017 and couldn’t believe how good the performances of BD, Elevation and Vertigo were (three songs I can take it or leave it).
  7. That was the problem of playing Northern Europe that early in the summer on Vertigo tour,it was still daylight for a good hour in to the show.Bootleg for Manchester 1 (14/6/2005) is called ‘Light First Night In Manchester’ For the 2nd night they asked Manchester City Council if they could start the show about 30 to 45 mins later.Permission was granted.Got to admit it was sunny evenings on both dates.
  8. Having a retractable roof solves that problem...
  9. Unfortunately when else are they going to play stadiums in Europe? I can't see them filling a stadium in mid winter.
  10. Dortmund, 16.12.1989 - concert was cut short because Bono’s voice was shot. No „40“
  11. Controversial probably..but Glastonbury. Thought it was very flat for such a big occasion
  12. Originally posted by SJKamal:Unfortunately when else are they going to play stadiums in Europe? I can't see them filling a stadium in mid winter.
    That’s what it comes down to really so uk dates will always be summer. Brussels was in September though back in 2010 and that was dark. September in the UK would probably be pushing it weather wise. Just looking back there and they did play Edinburgh in September for Popmart 2nd September to be precise so right at the beginning of the month.