1997-12-03 - Mexico City
Gira: Popmart
Canciones tocadas: 25
Grabaciones de audio: 1
Videos: 1
  1. When I'm on mobile and I can't see the avatars I just keep thinking you are cesar_garza01, can't stop it
  2. Originally posted by MattG:I promise I'm not just trying to poke and argue with you SJ, but PopMart Mexico is an "old concert" in the sense that many of us have seen it countless, countless times (but not including yourself, if I understand correctly?) and the fact that it will be shown with ads is in fact a laugh - it does not make it free to you if you pay for a service to beat the ads, either.

PopMart Mexico is a fine performance but it is absolutely a fan-favorite by proxy, because so many people have seen it. There is no reason to discount other stellar U2 performances - also captured on professional video/audio - because one that has been available for 25 years is "the fan favorite". No reason they couldn't upscale Santiago or something we haven't seen that requires no master edit.

And to your final point, I could not possibly care less whether it is the suits behind U2 that are remastering the performances, or random U2 fans that also have access to video upscaling software and these performances, which as stated, have been available for decades. I have specifically watched upscales of Mexico, Slane, Boston, and ZooTV already and have enjoyed them.

Official announcements from arguably the biggest band in the world that amount to re-runs, when their own fans are already beating them to the punch, is worthy of a laugh.

I sincerely, truly hope you enjoy the PopMart show and continue to come back to it for ages. When you've spent your decade with the performance and they decide to release more Pop material - Live From Mexico City on hologram projector - in 2032, perhaps you will share some of our sentiment.

If it doesn’t matter whether it’s the suits behind u2 or random fans then why mention Santiago which has been upscaled by fans as well and is available on YouTube. The same for pretty much all their broadcast shows so I’m assuming the band shouldn’t upscale them because we can already see it via YouTube already. And we have recordings on here so why bother to release more shows either if it doesn’t matter who’s providing them. We can’t complain about quality if when the band finally do improve the quality of something that also gets complained about. That doesn’t mean I don’t think they should do the other stuff too but I still don’t think what they’re doing with these upgrades can be seen as a bad thing when you take that on it’s own, it’s just using a different issue to complain about it with wanting other unreleased shows.
  3. If we're still in a global pandemic at the end of the year, then surely The Virtual Road should extend to the Point Depot on New Year's Eve in 1989
  4. Originally posted by hello:If we're still in a global pandemic at the end of the year, then surely The Virtual Road should extend to the Point Depot on New Year's Eve in 1989
    No, you can have Chicago ‘05.
  5. Is Paris going to be upgraded?
  6. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]

If it doesn’t matter whether it’s the suits behind u2 or random fans then why mention Santiago which has been upscaled by fans as well and is available on YouTube. The same for pretty much all their broadcast shows so I’m assuming the band shouldn’t upscale them because we can already see it via YouTube already. And we have recordings on here so why bother to release more shows either if it doesn’t matter who’s providing them. We can’t complain about quality if when the band finally do improve the quality of something that also gets complained about. That doesn’t mean I don’t think they should do the other stuff too but I still don’t think what they’re doing with these upgrades can be seen as a bad thing when you take that on it’s own, it’s just using a different issue to complain about it with wanting other unreleased shows.
    Didn’t realize Santiago had been up scaled! Thanks for giving me something to do tonight.

And no, to further the point, I don’t care who does it as long as it’s available, and yes I still believe it makes the band look sort of like jackasses to insinuate that this is worthy of building hype around.
  7. Originally posted by MattG:[..]
    Didn’t realize Santiago had been up scaled! Thanks for giving me something to do tonight.

And no, to further the point, I don’t care who does it as long as it’s available, and yes I still believe it makes the band look sort of like jackasses to insinuate that this is worthy of building hype around.
    So if the band had just made these available on YouTube without announcing it you would have been fine with it but it’s the fact they’ve gave it a build up of sorts that bothers you?
  8. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    So if the band had just made these available on YouTube without announcing it you would have been fine with it but it’s the fact they’ve gave it a build up of sorts that bothers you?
    I think he means they make a big deal about something that shouldn't be a big deal, because we all have already seen it 100 times
  9. I agree that if they are going to make big announcements Ike this, it should be about something more substantial.
  10. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Yeah you’re pretty much hitting the nail on the head here.
  11. It’s literally why they include all the bonus shit when they reissue an album. They know nobody’s just going to stay interested in an old album just because they’ve remastered it. Don’t see how this is any different.

Imagine the outrage if they “announced” they were re-releasing Bomb without a single bonus element and the only draw was that Edge had made it sound better. It’d be the joke of the year here.