1997-12-03 - Mexico City
Tour: Popmart
Songs played: 25
Audio recordings: 1
Videos: 1
  1. I promise I'm not just trying to poke and argue with you SJ, but PopMart Mexico is an "old concert" in the sense that many of us have seen it countless, countless times (but not including yourself, if I understand correctly?) and the fact that it will be shown with ads is in fact a laugh - it does not make it free to you if you pay for a service to beat the ads, either.

PopMart Mexico is a fine performance but it is absolutely a fan-favorite by proxy, because so many people have seen it. There is no reason to discount other stellar U2 performances - also captured on professional video/audio - because one that has been available for 25 years is "the fan favorite". No reason they couldn't upscale Santiago or something we haven't seen that requires no master edit.

And to your final point, I could not possibly care less whether it is the suits behind U2 that are remastering the performances, or random U2 fans that also have access to video upscaling software and these performances, which as stated, have been available for decades. I have specifically watched upscales of Mexico, Slane, Boston, and ZooTV already and have enjoyed them.

Official announcements from arguably the biggest band in the world that amount to re-runs, when their own fans are already beating them to the punch, is worthy of a laugh.

I sincerely, truly hope you enjoy the PopMart show and continue to come back to it for ages. When you've spent your decade with the performance and they decide to release more Pop material - Live From Mexico City on hologram projector - in 2032, perhaps you will share some of our sentiment.
  2. That's a fair post, Matt.
  3. Like I said, I'm really excited about this, I'm excited about almost everything about U2, but they should also release more shows from their career.

Sure great that they are showing Sydney and Popmart in HD, but also release (for example) Milan 1992 or Sarajevo 1997 with pro video and pro audio, there is no reason they can't re-release old stuff we've seen before AND old shows in HD we haven't seen before
  4. @the subject at hand

all we need now is someone to say 'i hope they play with or without you on the next tour' and we're all fucking screwed again
  5. Originally posted by TheRealEdge:@the subject at hand

all we need now is someone to say 'i hope they play with or without you on the next tour' and we're all fucking screwed again
    I hope they play Elevation on the next tour
  6. Swap Red rocks for Zootv and Slane for 360.

Minds blown with 4 groundbreaking stage shows.
  7. Originally posted by TheRealEdge:@the subject at hand

I hope they play Ahimsa on the next tour
  8. It’s like Bethesda releasing Skyrim 17 times, there’s only so many times I can become the jarl of white run before I’m bored
  9. Originally posted by guykirk9:It’s like Bethesda releasing Skyrim 17 times, there’s only so many times I can become the jarl of white run before I’m bored
    No no no no no Skyrim never gets boring (with mods)
  10. Lol.
    Because today everything is virtual.
    I think I'd prefer a live show in streaming

11. Originally posted by guykirk9:It’s like Bethesda releasing Skyrim 17 times, there’s only so many times I can become the jarl of white run before I’m bored
    It's like releasing Skyrim 17 times, but you can't never play it, just rewatch the cutscenes, but hey, upscaled!