1997-12-03 - Mexico City
Tour: Popmart
Songs played: 25
Audio recordings: 1
Videos: 1
  1. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:It's also interesting to read in the chronicles the "war of castes" that was going on in the stadium. The "poor masses" in the field who were yelling at the "rich kids" in the seats above and trading insults back and forth. The GA was terrible, couldn't see shit standing there.
    Very interesting !!
  2. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:"MacDonalds didn't invent the parabolic curve. It's a beautiful form that they stole. We're stealing it back. We thought MacDonald will sue us, but that didn't happen." He added, disappointed about that.
    Lol....
  3. Also, after the Barcelona fiasco where they were booed in 3 languages for singing the Macarena, Bono talked for 30 minutes with local people trying to absorb Mexican culture in a few minutes. They talked about Chiapas, which is a region that had an insurrectionist movement at the time. In the concert he only mentioned the city's traffic and that he ate a burrito, lol.
  4. Watched it.

1) did they clean up the video? The screen looks amazing.
    2) The best tour setlist ever. Flows well, good mix of new and the hits. Good reworking of older songs. Minor quip: dislike shortened songs.
    3) After AB/zoo TV new material doesnt quite pack the punch. Goes for all post zoo tours.
    4) Bono lost a lot vocally after zoo. Again goes for all tours.
    5) my favorite version of Streets. The techno groove , the uptempo ending.
  5. Especially after years of watching random blurry YouTube uploads, the clear video was fantastic.

Also loving the EPs. Makes the whole exercise worth it, although my one complaint is the Slane EP was the perfect opportunity to release the best version of One from a concert film.
  6. What does Slane have to do with Sydney 93?
  7. Honourable mention...Bono sneaking la Bamba into Desire then frantically waving "stop, stop" to Edge is the funniest moment on their dvds.

Ps someone make hamish hamilton watch this and sydney repeatedly.

8. Have layed off watching Paris until attending Milan 4 on E@I tour.

Berlin mops the floor with Paris. Yes Bono had more energy in 2015 but its a tighter setlist and show.
  9. The Mexico version of One is a uniquely emotional rendition, mired in sadness at the passing of Michael Hutchence and regret at not being able to interrupt the tour to attend his funeral. It may not be “the best” - however you want to define it, but it’s a very special and memorable version for me.
  10. Hypothetically speaking, what would be the best way to capture the audio from the Mexico City show? Please PM me with any assistance 😁