1. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    It does stand out I’ll agree there but not in a good way imo. The solo is probably the best bit about Bullet especially live and for the edge not to really nail it isn’t a good thing. If he was to extend the solo or play 2 great solo’s that would make it stand out in a good way. Even planned alternative versions of songs make shows stand out, maybe not from other shows on the tour but compared to different tours. NYD in 2018, The Fly in 2001, Kite 2006, all examples of songs standing out. I don’t want a mistake to be the reason a performance stands out.
    We look for different things. Having listened to so many shows over so many years I tend to look for the out of the ordinary or improvised stuff. The Fly on 2001 or Kite in 2006 were all very well rehearsed set pieces and whilst still brilliant I tend to find them less exciting.

It’s like synthetic diamonds. They are worth less because they are literally too perfect whereas it’s diamonds with slight flaws that price they are real and therefore worth more. U2 are so well drilled and rehearses that they have become synthetic. A double solo in Bullet, an extended Wild Horses so make up for a slight timing issue? They are the real diamonds that I look for.
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Well the OP is asking exactly for that: shows that stand out for "on-stage incidents" (sic). That includes extraordinary (=out of the ordinary) performances. Having two solos is certainly extraordinary, whether they're great or crap

I don’t dispute it’s a fitting mention for this topic just stating that I don’t like it.
  3. Originally posted by Rael076:I was curious what would be the most interesting and unique ZooTv shows. I'm thinking where rare songs were played or any interesting on stage incidents that might have happened.
    Zoo TV isn't the best tour for rare song appereances But there's a few ones you might want to check out:

1992-11-25 - Mexico - 3 rarities for the price of one: We Will Rock You. one out of the four Van Diemen's Land and one out of the ten I Will Follow performances of the tour. It's a shame that no recording exists of the first Mexico gig because they played La Bamba there. And also Knocking On Heaven's Door in the third gig. Those Mexico gigs were exceptions in terms of setlist surprises (for Zoo TV standards, that is).

1992-06-01 - Birmingham - first and only She's A Mystery To Me rendition of the tour. It's only been played 4 times in tour regular gigs.

1992-10-10 - Tampa - not only there's a rare Dear Prudence performance in the middle of the set, but this gig also features a fan being invited on stage and singing his own song during the encore.

As for what you call "on stage incidents", well there's a good few of them, we're talking Zoo TV after all But this is a more "trivia" field and sometimes they don't come across too well on audio recordings.

My absolute favorite is the "pizza incident", you might know it (Detroit).

There's also Salman Rushdie coming up to the stage in 1993-08-11 - London which was quite a big deal (Ayatolah Jomeini had issued a fatwa on Rushdie so appearing in public could mean his death). This Wembley show -and the next night with Jo Shankar on violin- also feature an extraordinary Zooropa sequence: Numb > Zooropa > Babyface > Stay all back to back, the only time ever 4 Zooropa songs have been played in a row.
  4. I do love they London shows in 93. A pity they didn’t have a go at a more complete version of Zooropa which we did thankfully eventually get on 360 but still great stuff.
  5. Oslo has a bit of an unusual encore with improvised lyrics in Ultra Violet and a long snippet of All Along The Watchtower in Love Is Blindness, both related to the country's pro-whaling policy.
  6. 1992-03-05 Atlanta - Great show with new songs sounding fresh and amazing performance of Love is Blindness

1992-03-17 Boston - Great vibe.. Van Diemen s land was played, Dirty Old Town was sung by Larry, Edge and Bono, 1 verse each one

1992-04-21 Tacoma - Not just for amazing performance of One, but also excellent performances of Mysterious Ways and Slow Dancing

1992-05-07 Paris - One of the best performances by Edge... And Bono plays a solo on With or Without You
  7. 1992-05-22 Milan - One of my favorite performances and best crowd on U2 shows

1992-06-04 Dortmund - Great performance and good vibes... Highlights: Mysterious Ways, Trying To Throw Your Arms Around the World, extended versions of I still haven't found what I looking for and Love is Blindness

1992-06-13 Kiel - One of my favorites too... As mentioned before.. Bono snippeted lines of Walk to the Water in Bad... Amazing, and other great performances too

1992-08-13 East Rutherford - New leg.. great sound and some fresh performances

1992-09-02 Philadelphia - One of the best of this leg.. great performances and great audience recording
  8. 1992-11-14 Anaheim - Everytime U2 plays here, something special. On vertigo tour and 360 they mixed up the setlist and at this concert Bono was on Fire... Different lyrics, falsettos, different singing.. on various tracks

1993-07-27 Copenhagen - An underrated one... Emotional performance of Bad, great snippet of Daddy's gonna pay... And audible backing vocals by Larry in Numb at the end

1993-08-12 London - For me the best of the 4 london shows... Babyface and zooropa was in setlist and Jo Shankar was in Bad

1993-08-14 Leeds - Not great as London but also a great show, but nobody talk about this. Great recording, Babyface played again and good performance.. also one of the best performances of Stay and Desire on Zoo TV
  9. I was going to mention you @fleavox but I see you already found this thread Brilliant as usual. Nice shout about Copenhagen and Leeds 93.
  10. Hey Sergio how are you?
    It's a long time since my last post here

Just to mention something about last leg... Well.. the most poor on Zoo TV, but...

1993-12-09 Tokyo - Good show, but the highlight is a very strong performance of Dirty Day... Also a surprisingly good encore compared to Sydney and Adelaide performances
  11. I will say Tempe, 1992-10-24. Suspicious Minds, LoveTown and Wild Horses (the acoustic version) make the setlist special. Plus, very good audio and great performance
  12. Originally posted by deanallison:I just listened to that version of Bullet from Atlanta, it sounds a bit of a mess in all honesty. The first solo sounds like Edge isn’t getting the sound he wants out of the guitar and then at the end I think it’s an attempt to make up for the performance going wrong by playing another solo which is a bit underwhelming as well. I prefer just a standard zoo tv Bullet over the Atlanta one.

yeah i agree its quite a messy version, especially with bono's adlibs during the second solo but they asked for some interesting zoo moments and that is one of the most interesting ones to me, so i said it.