1. I liked the way it was toured,starting on the b stage,but would've liked a few more Boy/October songs added to the mix.
    I also like the idea of one song of each album before and after the JT set.
  2. I’m showing my age and would go with something like…

I Will Follow
    Gloria
    SBS
    NYD
    Pride
    TUF
    ASOH
    Bad

Streets
    ISHF…
    WOWY
    BTBS
    RTSS
    RHMT
    IGC
    TTYW (if they must play it)
    OTH
    Exit
    MOTD

Desire
    AOH
    AIWIY

Shit that’s already 20 songs…

The Fly
    EBTTRT
    UTEOTW
    UV
    One

Full of glorious hits from a time when they ruled the/my world.
  3. Crikey Rummy show will be an hour old before they even start the JT stuff!
  4. They’ll can start earlier then (so Streets starts at dusk) and I can be home at a decent hour!
  5. I did love the idea of them playing the best bits of the last 3 tours when we first heard of the 2019 tour rumours. That was when we were told it wouldn’t be marketed as JT. I think they could have put something really amazing together. There were a few Setlist predictions going about back then here’s what I’m just coming up with again now though.

Blackout
    Lights Of Home
    Get Out Of Your Own Way
    New Years Day
    Iris
    Cedarwood Road
    Song For Someone
    Raised By Wolves
    Until The End Of The World
    Invisible
    Red Hill Mining Town
    One Tree Hill
    Exit
    City Of Blinding Lights
    Acrobat
    Every Breaking Wave
    Bad
    Where The Streets Have No Name
    With Or Without You

Encore
    Zoo Station
    The Fly
    Ultraviolet
    Stay
    Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
    Love Is Bigger
  6. I liked how it all started, but the encore was such a mess the first few shows of 2017. I would’ve liked something like:

I Will Follow
    Gloria
    Sunday Bloody Sunday
    New Years Day
    Pride
    A Sort of Homecoming/Bad
    The Joshua Tree
    Angel of Harlem/Desire

Encore:
    Zoo Station
    Mysterious Ways
    One
    Stay/Staring At The Sun
    Beautiful Day
    Vertigo

You get a “greatest hits” with rarer hits/singles and all albums are pretty there except NLOTH, SOI, SOE.

It’s just so hard to come up with a set list when 11 of the 23-25 songs are automatically taken up. U2 isn’t a 30 song set band, so the 2019 sets were a lot better by incorporating SOI/SOE and having some more upbeat songs in the encore. I get it, I’m tired of Beautiful Day and Elevation too but when you’re there it’s amazing and 2017/2019 was a greatest hits tour.
  7. Originally posted by Release3:I liked how it all started, but the encore was such a mess the first few shows of 2017. I would’ve liked something like:

I Will Follow
    Gloria
    Sunday Bloody Sunday
    New Years Day
    Pride
    A Sort of Homecoming/Bad
    The Joshua Tree
    Angel of Harlem/Desire

Encore:
    Zoo Station
    Mysterious Ways
    One
    Stay/Staring At The Sun
    Beautiful Day
    Vertigo

You get a “greatest hits” with rarer hits/singles and all albums are pretty there except NLOTH, SOI, SOE.

It’s just so hard to come up with a set list when 11 of the 23-25 songs are automatically taken up. U2 isn’t a 30 song set band, so the 2019 sets were a lot better by incorporating SOI/SOE and having some more upbeat songs in the encore. I get it, I’m tired of Beautiful Day and Elevation too but when you’re there it’s amazing and 2017/2019 was a greatest hits tour.
    Not really a greatest hits tour was it, that big hit single Exit and the chart topping Mothers Of The Disappeared, and that top 10 single ultraviolet. Not even a best of with the last 6 from JT, let’s be honest if you went and asked every u2 fan to pick a Setlist of their favourite songs probably none of the last 6 on JT would make the cut. Ultraviolet wouldn’t either. A few of they songs are in my top 20/30 u2 songs but they’re not as well known or popular as most in the u2 catalogue.
  8. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Not really a greatest hits tour was it, that big hit single Exit and the chart topping Mothers Of The Disappeared, and that top 10 single ultraviolet. Not even a best of with the last 6 from JT, let’s be honest if you went and asked every u2 fan to pick a Setlist of their favourite songs probably none of the last 6 on JT would make the cut. Ultraviolet wouldn’t either. A few of they songs are in my top 20/30 u2 songs but they’re not as well known or popular as most in the u2 catalogue.
    Seems obvious to me that the greatest hits comment relates to the proposed set list rather than what we got.
  9. Technically, no not a “greatest hits” but they played their most popular album in full in order without promoting a new album (with the exception of the handful of Little Things and Best Thing performances). I know it’s been debated here a ton of the technicality of what greatest hits tour means, but it was definitely against the grain of what U2 has preached in the past.
  10. Originally posted by Release3:Technically, no not a “greatest hits” but they played their most popular album in full in order without promoting a new album (with the exception of the handful of Little Things and Best Thing performances). I know it’s been debated here a ton of the technicality of what greatest hits tour means, but it was definitely against the grain of what U2 has preached in the past.
    It was against the grain no doubt about that, first and so far only time they’ve promoted an old album. But it was The Joshua Tree 2017/2019 tour(s), not u2 the greatest hits live. And playing the lesser known and lesser played tracks from JT is what was key to not making it a greatest hits tour. Otherwise we could say every tour is a greatest hits tour with the ratio of big well known singles compared to lesser known album tracks. JT might be a big seller and there most popular but the last 6 aren’t amongst U2’s most popular or well known songs. That is the very opposite to a best of or greatest hits song selection.
  11. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    It was against the grain no doubt about that, first and so far only time they’ve promoted an old album. But it was The Joshua Tree 2017/2019 tour(s), not u2 the greatest hits live. And playing the lesser known and lesser played tracks from JT is what was key to not making it a greatest hits tour. Otherwise we could say every tour is a greatest hits tour with the ratio of big well known singles compared to lesser known album tracks. JT might be a big seller and there most popular but the last 6 aren’t amongst U2’s most popular or well known songs. That is the very opposite to a best of or greatest hits song selection.
    I don’t disagree with the last 6 songs making it a non-greatest hits. I feel like we’re on the same page with what this tour was. I think I would feel better about the tour if it was 15 shows just to celebrate the album but it exploded to the point where they were playing in places like Kansas City. I know demand was high because it was “The Joshua Tree” but I’m not sure if the band wanted to do a full blown tour
  12. Originally posted by Release3:[..]
    I don’t disagree with the last 6 songs making it a non-greatest hits. I feel like we’re on the same page with what this tour was. I think I would feel better about the tour if it was 15 shows just to celebrate the album but it exploded to the point where they were playing in places like Kansas City. I know demand was high because it was “The Joshua Tree” but I’m not sure if the band wanted to do a full blown tour
    They said once, they only wanted to play 5 or so shows in USA.

It's just my guessing, but it looked like LiveNation forced them to do a whole tour including Europe. Then there was high demand and the tour became bigger and bigger.

To be honest: in 2017 they looked like they were not enjoying it at all, while they seem to enjoy themselves in 2019. For me, not only the setlist was better in 2019, the songs were better played as well.