1. Originally posted by muzika:[..]

I think people overestimate this. Most people's opinion on U2 and Bono in partucular is fairly set. The Crown has a guaranteed viewing because of Megxit and Andrew (via Epstein). If we look at BoRhap yeah it sparked interest in Queen's music...thats about as much as we can hope for. But a massive change of heart in opinions of antiBonoists ? I doubt that.
    I have long suspected that most people don't really hold a strong/any opinion on U2 and that the whole 'U2 sucks' thing comes from a minority of people on social media. I'm in my early 20's and most of my friends (who are around the same age) genuinely don't mind that I'm a fan (in a good way).

Also I think that the series is an incredibly smart move for the band (particularly if they do end up touring around the same time). And I mean who knows? Maybe it prompts a bit of a surge of interest in the band and causes people to stop and take a deeper dive into their back catalogue and realise how good they are.

But this is all speculation. And I'm an optimist about it

2. It wouldn't surprise me if they held off touring until an album and this series is ready to go. late 2023 album release, 2024 tour and halfway through the tour this Series debuts.
  3. Originally posted by SJKamal:[..]

It wouldn't surprise me if they held off touring until an album and this series is ready to go. late 2023 album release, 2024 tour and halfway through the tour this Series debuts.
    Perfect, that takes care of that. To the queue we go!
  4. I'm still No.1 in line.
  5. Originally posted by SJKamal:[..]

It wouldn't surprise me if they held off touring until an album and this series is ready to go. late 2023 album release, 2024 tour and halfway through the tour this Series debuts.
    This Netflix thing is being set up for a late 2024 / early 2025 debut. Based on what we know of the band, I’m expecting that will slide back a bit. I don’t expect to see anything on our screens anytime soon, maybe even 2026.
  6. The lads will literally be qualifying for the old age pension by the time this comes out.
  7. Will be pretty boring show i guess. They’re Just to much ‘do gooders’, not much rock and roll. And if so it was an act. They’re such professional musicians, no body got kicked out of the band, no drama, nothing. Ok edge got a divorce and Adam once drank a glas of wine to much.
    Probably Just Bono meeting the pope, bunch of other important people, the rest being annoyed about it. Holidays in France. What more?
  8. A documentary series would have been better. Or something like what they did with The Beatles.
  9. A (previously unreleased) concert series would have been better.
  10. That may happen eventually, but probably not on netflix. I can see them taking the Bruce approach to live audio recordings at some point though.