1. Hopefully no one gets screwed in real life for the sake of this series.
  2. I have seen many people believing themselves to be false fans with queen in BR, this time it can happen with U2
  3. Originally posted by Remy:I think many of us underestimate what this series can mean for U2 in terms of legacy. Imagine it only gaining a fraction of the popularity of something like The Crown (<5% or so). That's huge. It could attract many new fans, and maybe more importantly, change the overall perception that non-fans have with the band.

We all know that Bono is not heralded as the saviour of the world by many, more seen like a tax evader and hypocrite. But if those people see the world he grew up in, his mother's dead, and his genuineness in trying to make the world a better place. Maybe some people would even start to like him

It might be something that alters the course of U2's career forever. We all know how big films or series can make or break people forever. It's how people get their view on the world.

I'm with you, if done properly this could really change the perception and legacy of U2 which has really dropped off in the past 12 years.
    I just hope it's not a by the numbers biopic, where we see a young U2 form and then a 3 minute montage and all of a sudden they're at Live Aid.
    The format of a Netflix series where we can see the early years of the band over several seasons will hopefully get to the crux of what makes U2 so special......
    4 guys who met in high school and stuck together through it all to scale rock n roll's mount everest. The quintissential story of a band that made it.
    I hope the series will span several seasons and we get to spend time with them before they were the biggest band in the world.
    It could make the cynics and new fans alike appreciate U2 for what they really are......4 teenagers from Dublin that made it.

The real drama would take place from 1976 until about 1983 when Under A Blood Red Sky takes place. There's at least 2 or 3 seasons there.

I just hope it's not some bullshit biopic like Bohemian Rhapsody where they just tick off U2's greatest hits. I'd love for it to be treated with respect and to try to tell the authentic U2 story.

But....sadly i worry,,,,,, true to U2 form lately, they'll play it safe and release a standard biopic that adds nothing to their legacy.

I hope not.
  4. Originally posted by Remy:I think many of us underestimate what this series can mean for U2 in terms of legacy. Imagine it only gaining a fraction of the popularity of something like The Crown (<5% or so). That's huge. It could attract many new fans, and maybe more importantly, change the overall perception that non-fans have with the band.

We all know that Bono is not heralded as the saviour of the world by many, more seen like a tax evader and hypocrite. But if those people see the world he grew up in, his mother's dead, and his genuineness in trying to make the world a better place. Maybe some people would even start to like him

It might be something that alters the course of U2's career forever. We all know how big films or series can make or break people forever. It's how people get their view on the world.

I think people overestimate this. Most people's opinion on U2 and Bono in partucular is fairly set. The Crown has a guaranteed viewing because of Megxit and Andrew (via Epstein). If we look at BoRhap yeah it sparked interest in Queen's music...thats about as much as we can hope for. But a massive change of heart in opinions of antiBonoists ? I doubt that.
  5. Originally posted by muzika:[..]

I think people overestimate this. Most people's opinion on U2 and Bono in partucular is fairly set. The Crown has a guaranteed viewing because of Megxit and Andrew (via Epstein). If we look at BoRhap yeah it sparked interest in Queen's music...thats about as much as we can hope for. But a massive change of heart in opinions of antiBonoists ? I doubt that.
    Maybe more about the people that don’t really know or care about Bono or U2 just now though then they watch the series just because it’s something to watch, I know I found myself watching that Pam and Tommy series even though I have zero interest in them. So depending on how it’s done it might make people go I wonder what this U2 are all about. I think the younger generation really don’t know much about them at all, I know a lot of people that haven’t heard of them or if they have just know 1 or 2 songs, heard people say they know a song and didn’t realise it was U2 so it might help people become aware of the band. Not saying it definitely will but it might. Still doesn’t make me excited about it but I’ve never been massively against it either, I just don’t care really at this stage. I should add I also agree that people who are anti Bono just now will remain that way.
  6. A new generation people, a new generation.
  7. Just had a thought. I wonder if they’ll try to get Eve to play Bono’s mom in like a flashback sequence or as Ali in the series.
  8. I've never parked before.
  9. I’ve been thinking of how I’d write a biopic. I’ve always thought I’d start with Bono’s bike accident or even embellish/interpret his near death experience and have him looking back on their journey and why they wanted to be a band in the first place.
  10. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Maybe more about the people that don’t really know or care about Bono or U2 just now though then they watch the series just because it’s something to watch, I know I found myself watching that Pam and Tommy series even though I have zero interest in them. So depending on how it’s done it might make people go I wonder what this U2 are all about. I think the younger generation really don’t know much about them at all, I know a lot of people that haven’t heard of them or if they have just know 1 or 2 songs, heard people say they know a song and didn’t realise it was U2 so it might help people become aware of the band. Not saying it definitely will but it might. Still doesn’t make me excited about it but I’ve never been massively against it either, I just don’t care really at this stage. I should add I also agree that people who are anti Bono just now will remain that way.
    100% agree