1. I love how we hear the imperfections in their voices but when the voices are together can it be any more sublime? This band though... there isn't much music in the world that makes me feel the way U2 does.
  2. Originally posted by kris_smith87:I love how we hear the imperfections in their voices but when the voices are together can it be any more sublime? This band though... there isn't much music in the world that makes me feel the way U2 does.
    My thoughts exactly. There are many artists who are better musicians. There are artists who perhaps write better songs. But at the end of the day, this is my favorite band for a million differerent reasons, and nothing else can really replicate for me the feeling I get with U2's music.
  3. Just played “Peace on Earth” and “Desire” for my wife, who is a big U2 fan, but doesn’t follow their every move like we do here. Her take:

“Sounds more like ‘Songs of Defeat!’”
  4. I've given this my first proper listen now and i am pleasantly surprised.
  5. I don't understand the hate of Desire, it is the more intressting remake of the songs, the music is good and the voice fits the music.
  6. I took a good listen last weekend and I will keep it with that. Glad that I didn't buy the album. What a disappointment. Would've been nice if they had done a few songs online during the covid-19 pandemic but as a standalone album it's in my opinion so boring.
  7. My Sphere red vinyl order still appears as "Unfulfilled". Am I the only one?
  8. I am on probably my fifth listen through and I just love it. It's so good!
  9. Greeting old friends just stopping in on my general bicentennial orbit of the interweb. Enjoying SOS for what it is - nothing groundbreaking but always interested to hear how the boys' minds are working and where they're at creatively (particularly B & E). Take care and be good to each other
  10. Originally posted by WojBhoy:Greeting old friends just stopping in on my general bicentennial orbit of the interweb. Enjoying SOS for what it is - nothing groundbreaking but always interested to hear how the boys' minds are working and where they're at creatively (particularly B & E). Take care and be good to each other
    Harry Halley! It's always great to see you back