1. Originally posted by God_Part_III:[..]
    Thanks for the clarification! I don’t pretend to know anything about the record industry, only I’ve lived in Japan on several occasions and I am repeatedly astounded by how physical media remains such a big factor over there. It makes sense that they have gone digital with promotional material however, since there is no buying involved.
    I love that they are still loving the CD. Happy to have my SHM set of discs from there for the latest album. As more and more countries move to vinyl only models, I hold out hope I'll be able to get CDs for the days to come from Japan. (I like my CDs!)

Promotion has really moved online because it stops the leaks from happening. You can watermark a track. You control when it goes live. You control who's mailbox it ends up in. And they audit access to their systems regularly to ensure that they know who is getting material.

Last time out there were a handful of CDRs done by local branches and sent out. I haven't seen anything to suggest there's been any for Songs of Surrender, but it sometimes takes a while for these to become known. I know the ones I've seen so far are pirate releases - this one, and one being sold out of Mexico.
  2. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    Fake. The label is no longer using CDs to promote releases in general. Everything is watermarked and sent out digitally now. Instead of a CD the radio station gets an email with details about the release, and a link to download.

I asked seller where he got this CD and he replied that he got it from a music shop in Japan. When I asked what store it was, the seller did not answer me anymore.

Thanks for the information!

3. Hi there Efgef!

Just finished reading a post on the fruitlegs and decided to join U2start just to contact you !

I've been looking like crazy for the Dates fruitleg ! Iv'e read how someone threw shade to the fact that you were offering to make all the fruitlegs available to download, please make nothing of it, there are still true blue fans out here !!

Would you be willing to share the Dates one !??

Thanks!!
  4. This album is brilliant on headphones.
  5. It's also nice in a car with a good sound system..I like it driving home from work
  6. When listening through headphone, the whole SOS album becomes a masterpiece of audio mixing..... So so brilliant !!
  7. Looks like there's an option to purchase the Red vinyl when you claim your Vegas tickets from Ticketmaster.
  8. cool. Thankfully i didn't buy it off ebay where they are going for silly money
  9. They might even be on sale at the venue. Who knows..
  10. Ticketmaster seems to be playing up
  11. Quick reminder - for folks who would like to attend BONO BEACON on 29th:

A friend of mine is selling 1 ticket for Bono's NY Beacon show next saturday the 29th of April, quite good spot - Orch2, Row A, Seat 16. Ticketmaster asks 899$ he wants to transfer it for 300$ (below face value). Anyone interested feel free to PM.
  12. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:[..]

I honestly said exactly the same thing back in 1997 when they released POP. I hated the singles they released but my opinion changed and I eventually bought it 4-5 years later after hearing some of the live tracks on the singles for ATYCLB. Given enough time, I hope you get to similarly appreciate SOS for what it is.

Thanks.

I’ve actually never NOT liked a U2 album. Even their last 5 studio LPs - which feel increasingly derivative and less inventive, I really enjoyed the majority of the tracks.

But this is just a very different band to me now. The organic beauty of “Bad” and the desperate danger of “Zooropa” seem like they came from completely different people.

I think they are at ease now and content to enjoy life and family more than create. Case in point: SIX YEARS since the last album and this is what they have to show for it.

They are well past 60 now. I get it. But I can’t really recognize the band I knew.