1. Originally posted by Papo:That new acoustic version of Surrender is not bad at all, with Edge playing some sort of bottleneck on an acoustic (might be a twelve string). Would have loved to have a video of them playing it instead of the lyric video.
    I actually like it better than the studio version, but maybe not as much as the live versions from 1982-1985 (?).

Is there any link of acoustic version of Surrender ?
  2. Like has been said until the band announces it, it’s not happening. That doesn’t change if you get your info months in advance or minutes before the announcement. That’s why we mark everything that hasn’t been announced as a rumour. Even something where we have three or four sources confirming things, we still mark it as a rumour until the band announces it. The movie is a great example. Until it actually gets announced it’s still just an idea that hasn’t come to fruition.

We try our best to make sure we aren’t posting crap though. And do wait until we have a couple of different sources. And we know how those sources tie back to the band and why they would know what they know…and we will continue to do so…because we know we will hear about it when things are actually announced if all we post is crap.

3. Ahh lot to unpack there, but here goes a) im not questioning sources like U2songs dude? I just believe that they are playing an April Fools gag or they themselves have fallen for one, no shame in that it happens to all of us! b) Who is daniel gowans ? c) as far as my 'stupidity goes, why are you Dean always seemingly in the middle of 99% of confrontations on this forum? Every peep with a different opinion than you on a topic must firstly listen to you gaslight them , and then finish ur argument with 'lets agree to disagree' .... classic narcissism. Relax a little dude , life is too short man! Ur virtue signalling is becoming tiresome.
  4. Originally posted by EdgeMedia72:[..]

Ahh lot to unpack there, but here goes a) im not questioning sources like U2songs dude? I just believe that they are playing an April Fools gag or they themselves have fallen for one, no shame in that it happens to all of us! b) Who is daniel gowans ? c) as far as my 'stupidity goes, why are you Dean always seemingly in the middle of 99% of confrontations on this forum? Every peep with a different opinion than you on a topic must firstly listen to you gaslight them , and then finish ur argument with 'lets agree to disagree' .... classic narcissism. Relax a little dude , life is too short man! Ur signal virtuing is become tiresome.
  5. Originally posted by EdgeMedia72:[..]

Ahh lot to unpack there, but here goes a) im not questioning sources like U2songs dude? I just believe that they are playing an April Fools gag or they themselves have fallen for one, no shame in that it happens to all of us! b) Who is daniel gowans ? c) as far as my 'stupidity goes, why are you Dean always seemingly in the middle of 99% of confrontations on this forum? Every peep with a different opinion than you on a topic must firstly listen to you gaslight them , and then finish ur argument with 'lets agree to disagree' .... classic narcissism. Relax a little dude , life is too short man! Ur signal virtuing is become tiresome.
    But they aren’t playing an April fools and haven’t fallen for one. I don’t think you are understanding this at all. Do you think they just got this information yesterday and then decided to put it on their website and on Twitter? As they explain they wait until they have several reliable sources backing up the same thing that this is what the plan is. They aren’t pranking us and haven’t been pranked, that’s a fact. Danial gowans is a member who throughout 2019 was basically suggesting u2songs had the wrong info as well and that other members were stupid for believing the 2019 tour was going to happen. U2songs had been telling us about this several months in advance even mentioning some locations and giving us some general details about the tour. So mr gowans had egg on his face when the announcement was made and he realised it was indeed happening he finally accepted he got it wrong although went down fighting. I don’t really care if I’m behind confrontations, if people can’t handle a different opinion to my own that’s not my problem. I like to point out facts to people when they make comments I disagree with and this is probably what irks others, that’s not my fault. A fact outweighs an opinion every day of the week. I’m very relaxed as well, I can sit and have a lengthy debate and it doesn’t bother me, it’s other people that seemed to get bothered quicker by a detailed reply.
  6. Originally posted by Monopoly:[..]

Lol I think you’re missing the point. The band is always talking about things and rumors are always flying. Until something gets officially announced by the band, it’s not happening. My “source” is a lot more reliable than yours because when they announce it, it’s a 100% confirmation. I don’t give a crap if you hear something 7 months in advance because you and I will both hear the same official announcement from the band on the same day and that’s when things actually happen. Your “sources” have been talking for years about a JT film but it doesn’t mean anything until the band officially announces such.

I think you’re missing the point. You do realise the information u2songs passes on is factual right? It’s not the sites opinion. Things might still not materialise exactly when they say they will because yes plans do change but the plans themselves are factual. And your source isn’t actually a source at all, an announcement isn’t a source that’s an announcement. You’re not in direct contact with the people who have given the go ahead for an announcement to be put on U2.com so you’ve not got a source. And that’s fine if you don’t give a crap, don’t listen in then or read articles, it should be of zero interest to you if you don’t believe it anyway. It’s very useful for those of us that do chose to believe it who can do things like book refundable hotels and travel that fall in line with the plans when a tour is on the way and if the plans do change it’s refundable anyway and it’s not a last minute dash to get all that done and pay over the odds. Just to back up what I’m saying there even as early as February 9th 2019 u2songs had mentioned the date of November the 8th 2019 for the band playing in New Zealand, the fact they were playing Australian and Asian cities was also mentioned, Singapore being specifically named. And when it’s regarding an album release I know it’s something I can start to get genuinely excited about because I know the info comes from reliable sources. Anyway you keep refusing to believe, that’s your right, but whether you like it or not the original point was there was no news and you were wrong. We got given plenty of details of what the plans are regarding the next couple of releases, factual plans. Please if you visit the forums after November 18th or after you get your official announcement come back and accept you were in the wrong.
  7. Hang on, I need to post on my Facebook that U2 is releasing an album of rewritten old songs so my grandma knows I heard about it first several months in advance.

If I accept that I’m wrong in several months, do I get a special prize? I’d love to hang it on my wall while listening to the piano ballad version of Get on your boots.
  8. Thanks for the info!
    What about POP25?

Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    If it helps, U2Songs was going to post it yesterday but held back a day because of Bono’s award last night. It wasn’t planned for April Fools.
  9. Originally posted by Monopoly:Hang on, I need to post on my Facebook that U2 is releasing an album of rewritten old songs so my grandma knows I heard about it first several months in advance.

If I accept that I’m wrong in several months, do I get a special prize? I’d love to hang it on my wall while listening to the piano ballad version of Get on your boots.
    Go ahead and post on your Facebook if you want. You’re probably a bit late in letting most people know who care about it but nothing stopping you. You are coming across strangely jealous though of u2songs and they fact they have and share that information. As I keep saying if it doesn’t interest you don’t read it or comment on it, nobody is forcing you, it’s just useful for those of us that do like to have something to get excited about a little bit in advance.
    And no unfortunately no prizes handed out it just makes you come across better when you accept your mistakes.
  10. The link was working and active but is no longer live at the moment. You just missed it.
  11. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Go ahead and post on your Facebook if you want. You’re probably a bit late in letting most people know who care about it but nothing stopping you. You are coming across strangely jealous though of u2songs and they fact they have and share that information. As I keep saying if it doesn’t interest you don’t read it or comment on it, nobody is forcing you, it’s just useful for those of us that do like to have something to get excited about a little bit in advance.
    And no unfortunately no prizes handed out it just makes you come across better when you accept your mistakes.
    Oh god, how will I ever live with the biggest mistake of my life?!!! The only person coming across as anything here is you as obsessive which is ironic because you claim to be unaffected yet you write the longest replies

Not once did I explicitly say anything bad about U2songs. I repeated what they said and shared my thoughts on a realistic timeline. Anyways I’m done with this stupidity. I’m sure you have a GA line to start based on your advanced info, you definitely seem like one of those people.