1. Originally posted by Zwervervriend:[..]
    I think it's just easier to play One, Vertigo, Elevation, WOWY etc over and over and over and over again. They just have no interest in learning to play the old songs again.

And to be honoust: for the majority of the crowd the old lesser known songs are showstoppers. 2 hearts in Amsterdam 2015 felt like only 10 people enjoyed it (i did 😁) and ASOH in 2017 Amsterdam also recieved very little response (and also i enjoyed that one very very much although it was not a great version with all those synths)
    I’d imagine they played a lot fewer songs between the original Joshua tree tour up to and including the elevation tour than they’ve played from the vertigo tour up to the Joshua tree 2019 tour. More songs to choose from as well but that doesn’t make the workload any less when having to learn more different songs to play live and still brings us more variety in any case as well.
  2. Originally posted by zoostation717:[..]
    I’d imagine they played a lot fewer songs between the original Joshua tree tour up to and including the elevation tour than they’ve played from the vertigo tour up to the Joshua tree 2019 tour. More songs to choose from as well but that doesn’t make the workload any less when having to learn more different songs to play live and still brings us more variety in any case as well.
    You're right. My reaction not completely fair. I didn't mean to say they didn't play deep cuts at all. In fact they did a lot since 360. Just sayin' they overplay certain songs and 'forget' about others. That's also why on one hand i don't like them to play AB shows, but on the other hand, it might be the only chance to hear songs like TTYAATW, LIB and So Cruel
  3. Originally posted by Zwervervriend:[..]
    You're right. My reaction not completely fair. I didn't mean to say they didn't play deep cuts at all. In fact they did a lot since 360. Just sayin' they overplay certain songs and 'forget' about others. That's also why on one hand i don't like them to play AB shows, but on the other hand, it might be the only chance to hear songs like TTYAATW, LIB and So Cruel
    Yes I agree about certain songs being overplayed and the band overlooking a few others, some of which are great songs as well. Hearing they 3 songs is one of the main reasons I want or wanted an AB tour.
  4. I’m guessing we know our single then, or maybe not it’s the same for most of the songs on the songs of Surrender playlist on Spotify.
  5. This might be an interesting time to point out the season finale of Mythic Quest on Apple TV on Friday had a musical moment that, according to closed captioning, said "'Where the Streets Have No Name' playing". It was about 20 seconds of stirring, uplifting music, but it quickly cut off after that, had no vocals, and wasn't immediately recognizable as the song. But a curious thing, especially due to the timing.
  6. Looks like it isn’t the same 40 tracks that are chapters in the book.

https://www.u2songs.com/news/songs_of_surrender_track_list_shared_on_spotify

Kind of a good thing but some disappointing omissions but can’t have it all. Glad the ones we were talking about yesterday are in there. Does make you question some sources who were adamant it was the same 40 songs. Shows that amongst the reliable rumours mistakes can be made even when claims are made with certainty.
  7. I hope a few of the songs in this compilation turn up in the future at shows. I’m particularly encouraged by a reworking of if god will send his angels as I think a reworking was necessary to make that song work live. Peace on earth might be a possibility too.
  8. Looks like there still might be #JusticeForZooropa
  9. I'm a bit confused. Are songs replaced by others or will there be more than 40 songs on the album?
  10. If this is true, that explains why walk on isn’t on the audiobook.