1. Originally posted by jnatzke11:This is very exciting. I can’t wait for the announcement.

I’m starting to wonder if the 40 songs will match the 40 chapters in the book…while I haven’t listened to the audiobook yet, I’ve read that some snippets remain the same as the original (Landlady, Breathe) while some non-chapter songs (Sometimes, All I Want Is You) sound recreated as stated in previous posts.

Did they decide to stick to same 40 songs in the book, or are we in for a few surprises? I guess we’ll find out soon, anyways
    These are the same 40 songs.
  2. Mystery solved! Thanks for clarifying, @Remy.

I wonder how the track list will unfold…
  3. And some of the recreated tracks, “Sometimes” for one, weren’t done by the band but by the audio engineer working on the book. So some of these recreations may be unique to the audiobook.
  4. What song will be the first single? Streets? Or…?
  5. So in the audiobook, there’s songs like Iris where they just used live performance. meanwhile on SOS Tour, iris is sung by the backup vocalist. So will the album resemble the SOS tour version or 2018 tour?
  6. Originally posted by Monopoly:So in the audiobook, there’s songs like Iris where they just used live performance. meanwhile on SOS Tour, iris is sung by the backup vocalist. So will the album resemble the SOS tour version or 2018 tour?
    Or neither?

The band gave the audio engineer doing the audiobook access to live material, new versions of songs, and multi tracks of older songs to play around with. It doesn’t mean that those versions are going to end up in Songs of Surrender. Yes, some of those are on the audiobook, but it’s only a sampling…

The Stories of Surrender tour versions were developed in the Fall of 2022, and likely may be inspired by some of the new versions, but in some cases may have absolutely no ties…
  7. Edge admitted that they have 'outgrown' songs. That could explain to u2start users why they don't play that one particular song.
  8. Hope for an official announcement and one song this week. With 40 songs on the record, they could release in song weekly and not spoil anything until the actual release on March. Hope that’s their plan
  9. Originally posted by miryclay:Edge admitted that they have 'outgrown' songs. That could explain to u2start users why they don't play that one particular song.
    Confirmation the sun has fully set and Twilight is over?
  10. Originally posted by miryclay:Edge admitted that they have 'outgrown' songs. That could explain to u2start users why they don't play that one particular song.
    I think the more significant part in that paragraph directly follows that when he talks about the essence of the songs still being in them and looking to reconnect with that essence. That suggests to me that any song could be played live in the future, it’s just that some would have to take on a different meaning perhaps for the band to really want to play them.
  11. Originally posted by miryclay:Edge admitted that they have 'outgrown' songs. That could explain to u2start users why they don't play that one particular song.
    I think it's just easier to play One, Vertigo, Elevation, WOWY etc over and over and over and over again. They just have no interest in learning to play the old songs again.

And to be honoust: for the majority of the crowd the old lesser known songs are showstoppers. 2 hearts in Amsterdam 2015 felt like only 10 people enjoyed it (i did 😁) and ASOH in 2017 Amsterdam also recieved very little response (and also i enjoyed that one very very much although it was not a great version with all those synths)