U2:UV Achtung Baby at the Sphere
Legs (1): 2023-2024
Shows: 40
Tickets:
  1. 3.) because this thread too is subjective
  2. There is nothing subjective about this:

So, as much as I'm enjoying reading everyone's thoughts on Bono's vocal and performance skills, let's stick to the Sphere and related discussions here please
  3. Here’s some new news, there is no new news this week
  4. Is there a chance for the concert date to be announced this week?
  5. Possibly but I'd say no, as there has been no rumblings and rumours like there usually is before announcements
  6. It’s also unlikely that they will release SoS and Vegas at the same time. Would be stupid as one would distract focus from the other.
  7. Originally posted by Remy:It’s also unlikely that they will release SoS and Vegas at the same time. Would be stupid as one would distract focus from the other.
    ... which in the case of SOS might be a good thing actually The amount of negative comments about the album on social media is astonishing - and I'm not talking about diehard fans.
  8. Originally posted by EthanD:[..]
    Possibly but I'd say no, as there has been no rumblings and rumours like there usually is before announcements
    This isn’t following the usual tour path. They don’t have multiple venues booked and staff hired doing promo etc. Its all being handled by MSG, so leaks only come from them or U2’s staff. I’m not expecting the usual rumours…
  9. I think they (they as in both MSG and U2's camp) expect most Vegas dates to sell out instantly, so they're not in a hurry. They probably want to wait until the construction works are more completed than they are now, and if that's around May or June I don't think they'll have a problem with putting tix on sale then... Assuming they do at all
  10. as much as i am in the 'shouldn't play without larry camp' these concerts - though played by UWHO? - will be an amazing experience and i can't begrudge fans that want to go

i would definitely go - though to see the full band and maybe somewhere nearer the UK but alas there ain't no sphere over 'ere

11. I'd be very surprised if they do. Doing 12 shows in a 17.5k capacity arena and charging $500 a ticket for the privilege could result in a few empty shows..
  12. Originally posted by SJKamal:[..]

I'd be very surprised if they do. Doing 12 shows in a 17.5k capacity arena and charging $500 a ticket for the privilege could result in a few empty shows..
    I should have specified that I mean "virtual sell out" which is what they aim for. That means selling maybe 60% of the seats at the top price, getting maximum profit, and then start dropping prices as the shows comes closer.