U2:UV Achtung Baby at the Sphere
Legs (1): 2023-2024
Shows: 40
Tickets:
  1. The F1 course goes basically around the sphere. I don’t think it would be possible to host a concert there that weekend. Plus, take a look at the airfare and hotel prices that weekend. They are off the charts.
  2. they don't care about airfares and hotel prices. Thats not on their radar.
    If its a night race though and the track goes round the Sphere that might be a logistical and H&S problem that would stop anything happening that nioght at the Sphere. Do the F1 compensate all venues that cant operate in Vegas that week then ?
  3. As someone looking to travel from Australia, being in unknown of dates as the year goes on hurts to plan anything for accommodation and traveling.
  4. I’ve already got events filling up my calendar in the last three months of the year but have kept some annual leave up my sleeve in the hope of being able to do a last minute dash from here if the dates are suitable.

5. Looks like they will start selling tickets for the films that will be shown at the Sphere starting tomorrow with “Postcard from Earth”.
  6. Postcard from Earth going on sale tomorrow is a great sign.

My money is on the U2 dates being announced next week as the MSG spinoff company for the Sphere goes public on 4/21.

I think the 12 shows will be the Friday and Saturday of weekends September 29-30 through November 10-12.
  7. “first-of-its-kind Sphere Experience” does that mean this is before U2 plays their first show?
  8. They will be running other content in the sphere while U2 are staging their shows. Probably will all start around the same time.
  9. I wonder how much tickets for that will be.
  10. Originally posted by BabyZooPop:Postcard from Earth going on sale tomorrow is a great sign.

My money is on the U2 dates being announced next week as the MSG spinoff company for the Sphere goes public on 4/21.

I think the 12 shows will be the Friday and Saturday of weekends September 29-30 through November 10-12.
    12 shows?! I think that's a little ambitious for a 17.5k seat venue. As it is, the majority of the attendees will probably come from California given it's proximity to Vegas. Everyone else is going to have to get on a plane to get there which is going to limit the crowd size. A lot of fans who would otherwise see U2 if they came through town are not willing/able to get on a plane and dump a 4 figure sum of money to see a concert. Some will, but not the tens of thousands that would be needed to fill a 17.5k seat venue twelve times.

It might be smarter if they announce more like 6 shows, and add more based on demand.

It's a drag that this venue is located in Las Vegas. It's not a very convenient location.
  11. 12 shows has been the rumored amount for a long time now.
  12. Tickets for the “film” start at $50. No word on where they top out…