Stories of Surrender Tour
Legs (3): Promo appearances, 2022, 2023
Shows: 42
  1. Originally posted by SJKamal:[image]
    What a shot this is. Could you imagine a young Paul Hewson showing his Dad that one day in the future, his boy would be singing the opera at one of the oldest Opera houses in the world.
    what a wonderful building .
    In the UK that would probably be a Wetherspoons by now

2. It was advertised as a filmed event. However I did not see any cameras beforehand to capture some pre-show footage, nor did I see any cameras in the theater. Except for the last song. One camerman came in for a close-up. It was filmed twice. The cameraman took a different angle the second time. It was emotional and the crescendo to his story and that could only be shown from the Naples show to have it be authentic to his story. But he didn't cry his eyes out the first time. Unless he hid it well.
    Maybe there were some stealthy cameras set up which I didn't see or did some filming without the audience. I did see two loges with spotlight and subtitle projector, so who knows. Not sure how they will market it, some edited together show from 2 locations? Time will tell.
    But they obviously chose to give priority to the performance of the night for the people there without cameras flying around and blocking views. And I'm glad they did. It was an unforgettable and special experience which I'll never forget.
  3. Originally posted by pickupthepieces76:[..]

It was advertised as a filmed event. However I did not see any cameras beforehand to capture some pre-show footage, nor did I see any cameras in the theater. Except for the last song. One camerman came in for a close-up. It was filmed twice. The cameraman took a different angle the second time. It was emotional and the crescendo to his story and that could only be shown from the Naples show to have it be authentic to his story. But he didn't cry his eyes out the first time. Unless he hid it well.
    Maybe there were some stealthy cameras set up which I didn't see or did some filming without the audience. I did see two loges with spotlight and subtitle projector, so who knows. Not sure how they will market it, some edited together show from 2 locations? Time will tell.
    But they obviously chose to give priority to the performance of the night for the people there without cameras flying around and blocking views. And I'm glad they did. It was an unforgettable and special experience which I'll never forget.
    My understanding is that the vast majority of the filming was done at the Beacon Theatre in NYC.
  4. I also did not see any camera, except the one at the end. Maybe the cameras were hidden? But as the cameraman was asking us to be even more loud when applauding, I guess only Torna a Surriento will be used for the film.
  5. Originally posted by pickupthepieces76:[..]

It was advertised as a filmed event. However I did not see any cameras beforehand to capture some pre-show footage, nor did I see any cameras in the theater. Except for the last song. One camerman came in for a close-up. It was filmed twice. The cameraman took a different angle the second time. It was emotional and the crescendo to his story and that could only be shown from the Naples show to have it be authentic to his story. But he didn't cry his eyes out the first time. Unless he hid it well.
    From what was revealed the filmed show was May 8 at The Beacon Theatre that will be used for most of the film. They filmed multiple nights however, and some soundchecks, so most of what we will see is from that show, but maybe not all.

The filmed session on May 9 was all music, and will be used to mix into the footage above.

The Italian footage was revealed to be for the final song, prior to the show in Naples, so no real surprise that was the song done twice, and where cameras were evident.
  6. Manchester comes to mind.
  7. Congratulations to those who made it to Napoli. It looked like a really special event. You are very lucky.
  8. ... and wealthy.
  9. did the usual VIP fans all get invites to Napoli ?
  10. Originally posted by hoserama:Seeing as the NYC Beacon run is coming to an end (ignoring the one-off Italian show for moment), here's a nice multiple IEM/AUD recording of the 5th show on 4/26/2023.

Will be torrenting in a bit.

[YouTube Video]

Audio quality is next level. Still can't get over this recording. Better than being there almost.
  11. Given the sound quality in certain venues, yes this is many times better lol

12. Well that's true too. Ok, so your point is hoserama needs to raise his game even more.