Stories of Surrender Tour
Legs (3): Promo appearances, 2022, 2023
Shows: 42
  1. Originally posted by Papo:It's great to see, hear and feel how Bono is on fire when he sings and "ready to explode and tear the house down".
    Really looking forward to the next concerts. Bono will be great!

When? Where?
  2. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]
    IF they are really doing Vegas next year, the strings could be part of it - maybe not for all of the rumoured AB songs but for songs like WOWY.

Speaking of AB - and I wouldn’t doubt that this has been mentioned elsewhere - but is Bono saving all the AB songs for Vegas? Not a one played on this tour!

Saving AB songs for Vegas 2023 I had not considered and is a really interesting thought...

I wondered, too, if Bono devoting part of his show to AB would feel impossible for him to do without singing "One"...and if that, in turn, would feel impossible to do without his band mates, as he's always said that's the song that saved them as a band, if that makes sense.

Either way, the lack of 90s songs/stories remains my only gripe with the Stories of Surrender tour which I otherwise absolutely loved seeing in Chicago.
  3. It is pretty strange that Bono isn't performing a stripped down version of One on the SoS tour.
  4. Finished strong tonight. He, and the crowd, took Torna a Surriento to a whole different level. I’ve seen the show five times, tonight for the first time in my experiences the crowd reacted like an opera crowd, on their feet with applause as the song reached its crescendo.

Small venue, sound problems for the first ten minutes, but a bit of a different take on his Dad’s death, more first person. Bono was also a bit more conversational and less scripted tonight. He had a bit of a cough but his voice continues to impress.

If this was it, it should be noted how good the band he put together for this run really is. And how beautiful the arrangements of the songs are. Trust there will be a release of something in the near future. It’s too good not to have wider distribution.
  5. In Berlin he got standing ovations during the show and after Torna a sorriemto, too...
  6. In Paris he got a standing ovation by 1 man after every song.

(I was glad he was besides me and not in front of me 😂)