Stories of Surrender Tour
Legs (3): Promo appearances, 2022, 2023
Shows: 42
  1. Originally posted by hoserama:Go look at the prices for Broadway performances.

I'm not surprised. And proof is in the pudding...selling out quickly.

We have this argument every time tour pricing gets released. I remember the "Golden Circle" pricing in 2001, where they said the $150 tickets for the GC would get folks very close to the stage. Nope, it was basically almost the lower bowl (except behind stage mostly).

Just don't pay it.
    Dont go if its too expensive. Hate the game, not the player.
  2. Originally posted by weslyck:[..]
    I was waiting for anybody to say this.
    Sorry, this is not a Broadway performance at all. If it was a full lenght concert, not only like 1/2 of some songs, I wouldnt say anything. If Bono was a 3A actor, ok. If it was like 150kin show and not 90min… But none of that is true. This is only a promo of a book, with some acting and some singing.
    Not mentioning that this was promoted as a book tour with a little of some singing. And after a bug success (because u2 fans are so hungry to see the live), Bono, or his management understood that it van be a good business as well. How can this be a book promotion in April anymore? :/

Again - I REALLY loved it in Berlin. However, the pricing now is totally crazy.

The show is 120 mins/2 hours, not 90 min.
  3. The one in berlin def was not 120m. Started at 21:15 and at 23:20 I was already at bus station. Including waiting for my mobile phone etc.
    However, that was not the main point.
  4. Fair point, however, would be fair if He/they then call it a business rather then a book promo tour for fans.
    Once again - I spent a loot of money over the past years for concerts, in my case it is not about money in geneal. This is about principle - it is starting to be pure business only.
  5. Originally posted by weslyck:[..]
    The one in berlin def was not 120m. Started at 21:15 and at 23:20 I was already at bus station. Including waiting for my mobile phone etc.
    However, that was not the main point.
    It started at 20:35 in Berlin. Ended 22:30. Even the audio recording is 2 hours, check it out on the show pages

6. This.

As much as people think they do care about the fans, they don't. It's a business and they're here to make money. Plain and simple.

They can't even be bothered to come to Australia lol.
  7. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    It started at 20:35 in Berlin. Ended 22:30. Even the audio recording is 2 hours, check it out on the show pages
    Ok, I might be wrong with this one, not gonna argue.
  8. I was at the Manchester show and loved it. I would have paid what I could afford but I’ve not got hundreds of £/$ so would have had to make do with cheaper seats at New York prices.
  9. I was literally back row in Dublin and still savoured the two hours.
  10. Originally posted by dylbagz:[..]

This.

As much as people think they do care about the fans, they don't. It's a business and they're here to make money. Plain and simple.

They can't even be bothered to come to Australia lol.
    I'm confused.....

Where is the "THEY" in this????

I don't think The Edge, Larry, and Adam have anything to do at all with Bono's one man autobiography Memoir show.

This is a tour to promote Bono's book by the publisher. Nothing more and nothing less.

This is not a U2 show or U2 tour. Not even close.
  11. Can't wait to see the Vegas prices.
  12. I think prices from here on out, including Vegas, will be a rude awakening..if the Vegas thing pans out, I'll certainly try to go since I'm only about a six-hour drive away. But that's for another thread lol