Stories of Surrender Tour
Legs (3): Promo appearances, 2022, 2023
Shows: 42
  1. jeez, never pleased around here.

can you imagine the huff if Bono's publisher set-up a book tour for him and it was NOT linked up to u2.com subscribers for pre-sale access/codes
  2. I think all those people who were duped into subscribing to U2.com would be much less huffy in that scenario.
  3. Makes sense the album will be released in March now. Thought really should have been out for Christmas.
  4. Originally posted by LostSailor:[..]
    I'm confused.....

Where is the "THEY" in this????

I don't think The Edge, Larry, and Adam have anything to do at all with Bono's one man autobiography Memoir show.

This is a tour to promote Bono's book by the publisher. Nothing more and nothing less.

This is not a U2 show or U2 tour. Not even close.
    They/the band/their management/the individuals

Bono tour isn't coming to Australia, one tour last decade. They run a business and they cannot be bothered. They do not care other than the money anymore.
  5. I rather think they have more than enough not to think about money anymore
  6. mo' money, mo' problems.
  7. They could charge £50 for every ticket and then all that happens is just about every ticket is bought using a bot, fans don’t get a ticket anyway, and people end up spending a fortune on secondary sites, more even than is being charged on ticketmaster and you also get into issues about reliability of who you’re buying from, would that make fans happier?
  8. The real question is why U2 has milked the "let me tell you about Cedarwood Road" AGAIN. This loop has been constant for seven years and it isn't interesting.
  9. Originally posted by zoostation717:They could charge £50 for every ticket and then all that happens is just about every ticket is bought using a bot, fans don’t get a ticket anyway, and people end up spending a fortune on secondary sites, more even than is being charged on ticketmaster and you also get into issues about reliability of who you’re buying from, would that make fans happier?
    Not really. For these smaller venues they could easily implement a check that the named ticket holder is present and access is only permitted if your id matches that printed on the ticket.
  10. Originally posted by cmaly:The real question is why U2 has milked the "let me tell you about Cedarwood Road" AGAIN. This loop has been constant for seven years and it isn't interesting.
    This I think is an interesting and refreshing comment/point of view.

Although personally, I think Bono's 'Cedarwood Road story' (or: 'the history of U2') will always be a beautifull and heartwarming one, I also at the same time wish they would MOVE ON from now on and stop milking this any longer.....

So please, NO third of fourth leg of Bono's solo tour, but choose a new theme, start looking to the future again!
  11. hopefully once bono has gotten this out of his system we'll get back to u2

yeh, i'm with you - no more 'growing up in dublin' shit

they're all middle class and were not involved directly in the troubles - they could sleep at night no bombs going off around them

get back to doing what you guys do best and play live as a band please before it's too late
  12. Live like 2 hours from the city I feel like I have to get some tickets