Stories of Surrender Tour
Legs (3): Promo appearances, 2022, 2023
Shows: 42
  1. Originally posted by zbych:Do you still get a copy with a ticket? If so this might pump up the volumes of the sold books heavily… No1 smash hit book by Bono!!! well he’s earning some good bucks with these shows so book sales are less relevant! I guess…
    No book with these tickets. Just a show.

2. do you know what the new encore idea was to be?
  3. Originally posted by popmarter:Strange that he is doing this run of shows now after the extensive promotion run he did across the US and Europe last year when the Book was released and anyone that wanted the Book has already got it.

The show has taken on a life of it’s own beyond the book. These shows are being filmed as well.

It’s been interesting seeing Irving Azoff entering the theater both nights, after years of Guy Oseary.

Also of interest tonight was seeing Tom Brady walking in.

I’m curious if this show really ends in May or without a 2024 U2 tour, if they may do another run of these shows.
  4. So one show only in Naples rumoured? What date would that be? May 12 or 13?
    Announcement coming today?
  5. Originally posted by KenL:[..]
    It’s been interesting seeing Irving Azoff entering the theater both nights, after years of Guy Oseary.
    Really? I didn't know he was going.
  6. Originally posted by popmarter:Strange that he is doing this run of shows now after the extensive promotion run he did across the US and Europe last year when the Book was released and anyone that wanted the Book has already got it.
    According to @u2wanderer1 they are filming these NYC shows, so that's a reason.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Bono is testing the waters to see if he could pull off a Springsteen-like residency, doing the same show at the same venue for some months. After all, Bono is human, and humans like to have a plan B...
  7. Happy that he gets to bring this show to its spiritual home.

Edit - Holy shit what a venue.
  8. Not looking to cause trouble or start a fight, just curious to know if Larry has attended any of the shows so far?
  9. "The show will be filmed and audiences will be encouraged to celebrate the storied surroundings of this legendary opera house with an invitation to wear formal attire for this one-off evening of “words, music and some mischief..." in a truly extraordinary venue."
  10. Dress rehearsal filming in New York and a formal filming in Naples?