1. I guess you just have to feel sorry for someone who would take an actual knife to the heart rather than break some flimsy agreement made 30 years ago, when the person they made the agreement with probably could care less, and might even be dead. A shame.
  2. Originally posted by pleasegone:[..]

I guess you just have to feel sorry for someone who would take an actual knife to the heart rather than break some flimsy agreement made 30 years ago, when the person they made the agreement with probably could care less, and might even be dead. A shame.
    We have to feel sorry that these kind of people, the elite traders, exists. It's a shame some people won't let others appreciate some joy.
  3. Can you imagine the buried treasures throught history. Also more recently when the Taliban blew up those historic statues. Unfortunatley there's a destructive element in humans. Anyhow, I think we have to move past this just to keep our sanity if nothing else. Keep on rocking people
  4. Originally posted by U2Frank:Can you imagine the buried treasures throught history. Also more recently when the Taliban blew up those historic statues. Unfortunatley there's a destructive element in humans. Anyhow, I think we have to move past this just to keep our sanity if nothing else. Keep on rocking people
    Sanity, here? Not from me. I can't even try. I just exist as I am, hoping for the best, and may be one of the few, who would do anything for The Las Vegas, and Edmonton Popmart opening night shows on dvd. I know they exist, but my computer can't handle the trauma of downloading dvd. I wish the band would release them, but U2 are terrified of a human performance with mistakes getting out there. And they hate Popmart with a passion!
  5. There are SO MANY great U2 recordings FOR FREE from over the years that I find a hard time gaining sympathy for folks complaining there isn't more. Especially if you put no effort in taping, mixing, production, or just contributing in general.

Yes, there's always the desire to have more and some frustration that you don't have access to everything...but deal with it instead of harping on people.
  6. In the other hand you can easily understand that they don't speak about audience recordings but about pro-shot or sbd from the Zoo...with the frustration that the band didn't release something good for the 30th anniversary of AB...
  7. I'm not complaining that there aren't more free recordings. There are more for U2 than most other artists. As someone who has personally leaked rare Prince recordings, I understand both sides of the argument. The point I am always making is that hoarding on some flimsy agreement made with some troll 30 years ago is stupid. Yes, I appreciate the work and effort made by tapers, and insiders who leak pro shot or Soundboard material. In 1997, I'd understand someone not wanting to leak some 1993 show for fear of it being traced to them. In 2022, that argument doesn't hold up. When I have leaked Prince things, nobody traced it to me. I am not, and never was an elite Prince trader. How did I get hold of things that were never leaked? Let's just say I used some Jedi Mind Tricks on other elite traders, and broke some promises along the way. Call me dishonest? Sure.

I've never tried to pry any rare U2 recordings out of any elite U2 Traders, and probably won't do it. Nobody had their lives ruined by leaking something. No gangsters showed up to finish anybody off for leaking something. Especially at this point, some billion years after most of these things leaked to begin with. Since Prince passed away, a lot of those elite traders came to their senses, and a lot of great stuff leaked anyway. I'd love for some more great U2 stuff to leak...but I'm not trying to complain that it hasn't. And yes, I'm proud of myself for tricking some Prince elite traders to leak some things. I was able to see on fan forums how happy people were that they had this or that rare recording with a smile on my face.
  8. Ultimately it's up to folks. I know individuals that paid significant sums of money for proshots/sbds/studio stuff, but I just leave it up to them, no judgment or shame for not releasing. It's their perogative.

Your jedi mind tricks won't work on me for my Prince recordings that I'm hoarding!
  9. Originally posted by hoserama:Ultimately it's up to folks. I know individuals that paid significant sums of money for proshots/sbds/studio stuff, but I just leave it up to them, no judgment or shame for not releasing. It's their perogative.

Your jedi mind tricks won't work on me for my Prince recordings that I'm hoarding!
    Are you talking hundreds or thousands of dollars?
  10. Originally posted by hoserama:Ultimately it's up to folks. I know individuals that paid significant sums of money for proshots/sbds/studio stuff, but I just leave it up to them, no judgment or shame for not releasing. It's their perogative.

Yes, you are right, it is up to the individual. You can hate the elite traders, you can be in the middle somewhere, or you can loathe them. I won't really care. I just enjoy sharing my opinions. I know what Prince recordings are out there have leaked, and have knowledge of ones that have not leaked. Unless you can name a specific date of the show, or the very very specific nature of the recording session, I doubt you have anything I don't. I consider myself a top level U2 fan, just not a elite trader of any kind. I have only seen U2 14 times, which may make me a small fry here. I have seen Prince over 50 times, met lots of band members, insiders, and was fortunate enough to talk to Prince, and specifically talked to him about bootlegs. It doesn't make me an elite Prince fan, but if there were a game show where all questions were only about Prince, U2, and Michael Jackson...I would assume nobody would beat me. It is quite insignificant, but I have won every Prince trivia event I have entered. Yes, I want praise, and half a cookie, and some U2 rehearsals with So Cruel as a bonus! I deserve it!!!!
  11. I recorded a soundboard of the two Oakland shows at Paramount in 2016, a month before he died. Mixed with audience recording. Still in my closet. So there