1. My luck would be to shell out the $$$$ for a prized recording and then years later U2 decide to open their vault for all to enjoy.
  2. I doubt we'll get a full opening of the vault, but my dream would be for them to adopt an archive release arrangement similar to Springsteen. Every month a new archive release during the off-season. Run that for a few years and we could get some amazing stuff.
  3. Originally posted by hoserama:I doubt we'll get a full opening of the vault, but my dream would be for them to adopt an archive release arrangement similar to Springsteen. Every month a new archive release during the off-season. Run that for a few years and we could get some amazing stuff.
    Absolutely!!! Also Pearl Jam has it nailed down regarding keeping their fans happy.
  4. Originally posted by hoserama:I recorded a soundboard of the two Oakland shows at Paramount in 2016, a month before he died. Mixed with audience recording. Still in my closet. So there

I don't like to discuss his last tour, due to the circumstances. In fact, this is my first public online comment regarding the tour in any way, shape or form since his death. It's great you have that recording, and you're free to be the only one to ever have it, or free to let the recording go into the community as well...that's your choice. To me, 2016 is not among his 15 best years on the road. Not terrible, but just piano threw me off a bit. A shame that he was in so much pain that he could not play the guitar. If you have those shows in soundboards, I don't recall them circulating, so people I know would pay you for sure. Oh well.

Now if you had soundboards or pro shots of specific shows that are not circulating from 1981 to 1989, 2002-2004, we would need to talk with or without a Jedi Mind Trick. There are a small amount of holy grail recordings from 1980, 1990-2001, and 2005-2014 or so, but he was very inconsistent, and some tours were just plain mediocre at best. He was the best to ever do it live, but also the most inconsistent. U2 are much more consistent, and their Super Bowl show was better than Prince's. Most Prince fans would never admit that. I'm just being honest. Just like most U2 fans would never say Prince's 1987 tour is better than U2's excellent JT Tour, but I do. Prince was on another level.

What was the official topic here? El Paso? If somebody has this in full, I'd love to have another Pro Shot Zoo Tv show. Let the leakers leak.
  5. Originally posted by pleasegone:[..]

I don't like to discuss his last tour, due to the circumstances. In fact, this is my first public online comment regarding the tour in any way, shape or form since his death. It's great you have that recording, and you're free to be the only one to ever have it, or free to let the recording go into the community as well...that's your choice. To me, 2016 is not among his 15 best years on the road. Not terrible, but just piano threw me off a bit. A shame that he was in so much pain that he could not play the guitar. If you have those shows in soundboards, I don't recall them circulating, so people I know would pay you for sure. Oh well.

Now if you had soundboards or pro shots of specific shows that are not circulating from 1981 to 1989, 2002-2004, we would need to talk with or without a Jedi Mind Trick. There are a small amount of holy grail recordings from 1980, 1990-2001, and 2005-2014 or so, but he was very inconsistent, and some tours were just plain mediocre at best. He was the best to ever do it live, but also the most inconsistent. U2 are much more consistent, and their Super Bowl show was better than Prince's. Most Prince fans would never admit that. I'm just being honest. Just like most U2 fans would never say Prince's 1987 tour is better than U2's excellent JT Tour, but I do. Prince was on another level.

What was the official topic here? El Paso? If somebody has this in full, I'd love to have another Pro Shot Zoo Tv show. Let the leakers leak.
    Yeah. Zoo TV El Paso.
    Interesting discussion, as long as there's no personal attacks. I've always been curious what U2 recording gems do exist underground. I also respect those who did the legwork to obtain them and it's their choice to share or not.
  6. Originally posted by pleasegone:[..]

That's fair. The 2016 shows were my only time seeing Prince, and more of a target of opportunity for me at a local favorite venue. I know another guy who has a bunch of unreleased Prince sbds/auds over the last 15 years but I don't know any of the details.
  7. Originally posted by hoserama:There are SO MANY great U2 recordings FOR FREE from over the years that I find a hard time gaining sympathy for folks complaining there isn't more. Especially if you put no effort in taping, mixing, production, or just contributing in general.

Yes, there's always the desire to have more and some frustration that you don't have access to everything...but deal with it instead of harping on people.
    Yeah, not everybody has the financial, physical, geographical and temporal condition to be out there taping the artists they love. But whatever, this discussion will lead to nowhere
  8. Originally posted by ViniedgeU2:[..]
    Yeah, not everybody has the financial, physical, geographical and temporal condition to be out there taping the artists they love. But whatever, this discussion will lead to nowhere
    Notice I didn't say just taping.

In any case, enjoy the free recordings is my main point.
  9. Well, except taping (or as you mentioned, paying a lot of money, which stumbles in the case of the ones that doen't have the money for it), no other action will allow one to enjoy new recordings.

Indeed. Enjoying the free stuff and hoping for a new recording leak is all we have left.
  10. You can always get into post production. Mixing and remastering. If you become good at the craft, that's still a meaningful contribution.