1. Originally posted by felix2:[..]
    melon51, bonoschild

Mhhh. ehm. However, BVDB does not reproduce its own drumming. This is something completely different. He imitates something completely foreign, which he himself did not create or created as music. Therein lies the problem of what makes music unique. What would Bach, Beethoven and Mozart say if the music is not played as they created and created it or was created? Yes, there are the notes and the grade key. Playing music has absolutely nothing to do with creating music, since it can be reproduced. Likewise, U2 could have digitally recorded the drum sound from Mullen. BVDB will not be able to 100 percent reproduce this sound from Larry Mullen.
    I imagine Bram will be bringing his own drum kit which will make the biggest difference
  2. Another example.

You haven't yet seen Limp Bizkit 2023 in Frankfurt, where, based on the reproducibility, from the 3rd song, Fred Durst's lyrics are sung by fans from the audience on stage. Nookie is horny. It is about the reproducibility of the voice. DJ Lethal give me the beat. Say: I get IT on for the Nookie? Then the woman says a completely wrong text. It's about when, as a fan, you know the lyrics from the original, but then hear a different text, the mood can change. You can hear a few boos etc. It's similar with the music played. If we don't hear them like we've heard them before. The viewers who coudnt sing the lyrics in nookie on stage are simply exchanged. Towards the end of the concert, the mood changes dramatically when a spectator speaks into the microphone that they paid 60 euros and want to hear him (Fred Durst).
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OTWenptW1OA
  3. Originally posted by felix2:[..]
    melon51, bonoschild

Mhhh. ehm. However, BVDB does not reproduce its own drumming. This is something completely different. He imitates something completely foreign, which he himself did not create or created as music. Therein lies the problem of what makes music unique. What would Bach, Beethoven and Mozart say if the music is not played as they created and created it or was created? Yes, there are the notes and the grade key. Playing music has absolutely nothing to do with creating music, since it can be reproduced. Likewise, U2 could have digitally recorded the drum sound from Mullen. BVDB will not be able to 100 percent reproduce this sound from Larry Mullen.

Disagree. Larry's style of playing is not complicated. It is unique and familiar, but it's not hard to learn. So I guess the main takeaway from what you're saying is that only Larry Mullen is allowed to drum U2 songs🤷‍♂️ it's okay to just come out and say that. The band themselves don't agree with it, but you have every right to your take on things
  4. Originally posted by felix2:Another example.

You haven't yet seen Limp Bizkit 2023 in Frankfurt, where, based on the reproducibility, from the 3rd song, Fred Durst's lyrics are sung by fans from the audience on stage. Nookie is horny. It is about the reproducibility of the voice. DJ Lethal give me the beat. Say: I get IT on for the Nookie? Then the woman says a completely wrong text. It's about when, as a fan, you know the lyrics from the original, but then hear a different text, the mood can change. You can hear a few boos etc. It's similar with the music played. If we don't hear them like we've heard them before. The viewers who coudnt sing the lyrics in nookie on stage are simply exchanged. Towards the end of the concert, the mood changes dramatically when a spectator speaks into the microphone that they paid 60 euros and want to hear him (Fred Durst).
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OTWenptW1OA
    There's not a good comparison here Fred Durst brought up two fools who didn't know what they were doing..Do you really think Bram will try to come in and change every U2 song that he's going to be drumming? I'm quite sure he knows that U2 fans expect a U2 sound.. given this opportunity that he's been handed, I don't think he's going to go to Vegas, change things up and try to piss off the fans who paid a pile of money to see a U2 show.
  5. Originally posted by bonoschild:[..]
    There's not a good comparison here Fred Durst brought up two fools who didn't know what they were doing..Do you really think Bram will try to come in and change every U2 song that he's going to be drumming? I'm quite sure he knows that U2 fans expect a U2 sound.. given this opportunity that he's been handed, I don't think he's going to go to Vegas, change things up and try to piss off the fans who paid a pile of money to see a U2 show.
    There are huge worlds between expecting and being able to. I think they don't get it because it wasn't about the drumming, it was about the voice and the lyrics. That's a very good comparison. For example, I was with the music group Jennifer Rostock in Kiel. There a girl or a young woman came onto the stage who knew the lyrics to the music very well. She also sang it. The crowd went wild that someone could do it so well. In the case of Limp Bizkit, it ended in disaster because most of the audience wants to increase Fred's thirst and not the viewers, who have also been exchanged. BVDB is not Larry Mullen.
  6. So you're saying the crowd would go wild if Bram nails the songs in Vegas? I'm glad we agree on that 👍
  7. I agree with you. If BVDB can get the drumming right to the point, then he and U2 have won. Because we only know how Larry Mullen played the drums, because we're used to it, we've heard it for so long, it sticks in our minds.
  8. Edge will make sure he knows the songs, and also how to communicate with Adam. That’s a huge part of U2 is Adam and Larry’s teamwork. If he’s a true professional, he’ll be able to replicate Larry’s style easily.
  9. I think his main job will be to stay in the background and make himself as unnoticeable as possible. Unless, of course, they give him a ten-minute drum solo and a 360-degree flying kit.
    Could be cool for EBTTRT 🤣
  10. Originally posted by bonoschild:I think his main job will be to stay in the background and make himself as unnoticeable as possible. Unless, of course, they give him a ten-minute drum solo and a 360-degree flying kit.
    Could be cool for EBTTRT 🤣
    Like a Kiss Concert style Peter Criss drum solo lol