1. He's having his birthday today. What a day for him. Congrats to the stand in drummer!
  2. Now THAT is celebrating your birthday in style. I wonder if Bono will give him a shout out and if we'll get the first Happy Birthday performance of the "tour"
  3. It’s definitely different. Not bad. Just different. I don’t have the musical ear to say much more. Ye has been loud in the mix on almost all of the videos I have watched. Especially So Cruel.
  4. The drum tech did something with his kit, sounds different from Larry's more clear style.
    Bram's sound is more like a garage band I think
  5. Not bad, he's doing a good job, but yes, nothing at all like hearing Larry play. No knock on Bram, but it's not U2 without Larry.
  6. I think he is doing competent enough job.
  7. As a big fan of Larry Mullen, I saw a certain threat at the Bram. Would he be able to maintain the character of the songs? Would he tuck his ego away and faithfully follow Adam, or would he try to experiment? After these two concerts, I'll say this about the drummer: he handles his duties very well. You can hear his own touch in every song, but you can also feel how much he tries to preserve Larry's style and, in doing so, show respect to him and U2 fans.

The drums are in a more garage-style (as noticed earlier by @Carla_Ramos_10), Larry had a cleaner sound, but this is by no means a flaw. Bram does what he can, and I think we shouldn't complain. We got a good man who is a worthy replacement.

But...

He's not the Master. There's only one Master. And when he returns, the earth will shake again, and the pressure will rise in the hearts of the fans!
  8. as i'm a HUGE fan of Larry and a drummer myself, i think the biggest difference is in the sound of the cymbals/ hihat combo..bram choose to play with zildjian K series, larry plays on Paiste signature series..there's a huge difference between zildjian and paiste.. + bram loves to play with open hihat ,when larry often plays with close hihat..
  9. Originally posted by crazy333:as i'm a HUGE fan of Larry and a drummer myself, i think the biggest difference is in the sound of the cymbals/ hihat combo..bram choose to play with zildjian K series, larry plays on Paiste signature series..there's a huge difference between zildjian and paiste.. + bram loves to play with open hihat ,when larry often plays with close hihat..
    I agree with everything you've mentioned here.
  10. Hm, they should have hired a female drummer. Fits the band better.