1. Love looking at all of the different setlist predictions.

How many songs will u2 play each night? We got between 22 -26 songs a night on the last few tours. I hope setlist isn't only 20 songs for Vegas.

That would be and not in order:

12 AB

Stay or lemon rotating night to night

Walk On Ukraine for the obligatory SOS

6 greatest hits:

Pride
    Streets
    WOWY
    ISHFWILF
    Beautiful Day
    Vertigo
  2. Perfect time to play HMTMKMKM too!
  3. Something from Elvis (fat Elvis) suspicious mind?
  4. The wishful thinking - it'll never happen setlist with conceptual ideas:

.Desire
    .God Pt2
    .Zoo Station
    .EBTTRT
    .One
    .UTEOTW
    .WGRYWH
    .So Cruel (starts SOS style with guest violin player, builds into full version)
    .The Fly
    .Mysterious Ways
    .TTTYAATW
    .Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
    .Acrobat
    .Love Is Blindness

.Numb
    .Zooropa
    .Always Forever Now (as song ends stage goes dark as samples from Mofo come in)
    .Mofo
    .I Will Follow
    .Gloria
    .Beautiful Day
    .Promenade (segues into Landlady)
    .Bad
    .Where The Streets Have No Name
    .The Wanderer
  5. Originally posted by LostSailor:Love looking at all of the different setlist predictions.

How many songs will u2 play each night? We got between 22 -26 songs a night on the last few tours. I hope setlist isn't only 20 songs for Vegas.

That would be and not in order:

12 AB

Stay or lemon rotating night to night

Walk On Ukraine for the obligatory SOS

6 greatest hits:

Pride
    Streets
    WOWY
    ISHFWILF
    Beautiful Day
    Vertigo
    Think this will pretty much be on the money, with a few additions:

Elevation
    COBL
    NYD
    I Will Follow or Bad

Would give a setlist of around 24 songs.
  6. To be honest, I hope they don't do any SOS versions. I quite like the album, it has its moments for sure, but for me, I can do without an endless assortment of acoustic / semi-acoustic performances of songs, either in Vegas or the next tour - not that I'm going to any of these Sphere gigs, mind. Just go full on rock band in full flight.

I presume we'll get AB - hopefully in its entirety, perhaps not in sequence like they did with TJT and perhaps more of a Zoo TV style set, and the Happy Meal songs thrown in at the beginning / end maybe.

I'm hoping they go off the rails a bit, and own the tech instead of letting the tech own them. Loosen up a bit again. For the last decade there's been little wriggle room for spontaneity, everything is fully rehearsed, even most of whatever Bono has to say. Fat chance, but we'll see.

I also hope they have a channel hopping segment 2023 style - my God nothing has changed there in 30 odd years... the juxtaposition of hopping from some ducks having their own little Woodstock Festival to desolate war-torn cities in Ukraine through to orange-coloured egomaniacal 'celebrities' / presidents.

And maybe a nightly wind-up phonecall to the Orange Man and his entourage. Oh boy, Bono could have some fun with that. Fingers crossed for that.
  7. That would all be awesome..I hope none of AB is done in SoS style.. maybe for a two or three song set in the middle, but leave it at that
  8. Ultimate Wish - A pure 90s set list: 100% AB + some Zooropa (Lemon, Stay, Dirty Day & First Time) + some Pop (Discotheque, Last Night on Earth, Gone & Velvet Dress) + HMTMKMKM & Miss Sarajevo (dedicated to Ukraine).

More Likely - 100% AB + a generous serve of staples, an alternating deeper cut and an SOS version or two.
  9. imagine SOS versions for achtung baby...but electric live band versions too, like make a fusion of these versions...damn, that would be so unexpected
  10. In addition to Achtung Baby, I expect to hear some songs that "work" in a unique venue like the Sphere. Achtung Baby is only going to take about an hour to run through, maybe 70 minutes if they stretch a few songs out and Bono talks in between the songs, so that will leave plenty of time for other material. This is going to be a live rock concert. Yeah, I know it's Vegas and all, but this isn't going to be Frank Sinatra snapping his fingers to Fly Me To The Moon in the Starlight Lounge while a bunch of old f***s get drunk on gin. In other words, you can forget about hearing SOS lounge music versions of their songs. I'm pleased that some of you think that SOS is the coolest, but I don't care for it, and I certainly don't want to hear any of it live at the Sphere. You have to consider that the venue, and it's capabilities are going to be heavily featured. SOS yawners are not a good fit this time around.
  11. Originally posted by coldrain:In addition to Achtung Baby, I expect to hear some songs that "work" in a unique venue like the Sphere. Achtung Baby is only going to take about an hour to run through, maybe 70 minutes if they stretch a few songs out and Bono talks in between the songs, so that will leave plenty of time for other material. This is going to be a live rock concert. Yeah, I know it's Vegas and all, but this isn't going to be Frank Sinatra snapping his fingers to Fly Me To The Moon in the Starlight Lounge while a bunch of old f***s get drunk on gin. In other words, you can forget about hearing SOS lounge music versions of their songs. I'm pleased that some of you think that SOS is the coolest, but I don't care for it, and I certainly don't want to hear any of it live at the Sphere. You have to consider that the venue, and it's capabilities are going to be heavily featured. SOS yawners are not a good fit this time around.
    You are grossly overestimating U2's ability to put together a solid setlist.