1. And Edge
  2. Of course NOT
    U2 are bono edge Adam and Larry
  3. If Bono or Edge are involved, I'm still probably paying attention. I would still get excited to see a live show without Larry and/or Adam. If it's only one person from the original four present - I'm still probably tentatively interested in seeing it if it's Bono or Edge (not as excited though). If it's Larry and Adam plus two random guys on vocals and guitar performing U2 songs - I don't think I care too much, nor do most people I imagine.

And this does not in any way mean I don't care about Adam and Larry. I love Adam and Larry and will still rather see a show that includes all four members of the band. It's just natural in any band for a drummer or a bass player to be more replaceable than a lead guitarist or a singer. Also in that you can hire a replacement and not lose whatever you identify as the essence of this band's sound.
  4. U2 is and always has been Bono, Larry, Adam, and Edge.

This is not a football team (American or real football) where players and coaches come and go.

If Paul and Ringo get together and do Beatles songs with two other great musicians who mimic George and John perfectly it would still never be the Beatles.

Just because Bram is filling in (quite well) for Larry, doesn't mean that Bram is a member of U2.

And as a former drummer, a big middle finger to all you cheery people who argue that drummers and bass players are somehow less essential to a band's sound and identity. That just smacks of musical ignorance, not to mention ignorance of this particular band's 40+ year history.
  5. if the songwriters and voice of the band is in the band then it can be u2, not necessarily the same u2 but it’s still u2. Just like the Foo fighters is different now Taylor Hawkins has left us. And Taylor in my opinion is a bigger loss, In terms of his part in a Foo fighters show and the banter between him n Dave in the show. Or that Clarence Clemons died in Bruce Springsteens E street band such an integral part of E street Bands sound it’s still the E street Band just different.
  6. The Foo Fighters and U2 are VERY different units.

Likewise the E Street band (it's not called "Bono and U2").

Worth noting is that both Taylor Hawkins and Clarence Clemons left their bands by dying.

U2 is Bono, Edge, Larry, and Adam. How can there even be serious discussion about this?
  7. true fans are all agre that U2 isn't complete without larry, so, why this discussion? like people who don't care about U2 thinks it's only Bono and Edge, d'you know what i mean?
  8. It was strange not seeing Larry there on stage, but I think I had processed it before the show, not just that, but the whole Sphere thing and told myself it was all a bit of a one off, therefore had accepted it to a degree.

I do think they will have Bram involved in rehearsals for the next tour, so he is ready to step in should Larry need to sit out a few shows etc. I could accept that, if say out of a full world tour Larry had to sit out a handful of shows. But if Larry doesn't think he can do it, then am not sure they should get the ball rolling on a new tour project and I don't think they will.

To me U2 is the four of them, I don't class Bram as a member of U2. But am comfortable with him giving a bit of support every now and then if it's needed.
  9. Is there anything new to be said on this topic after 9 months of argument and counter argument? It feels a lot like politics where the Red team is never going to convert the Blue team to their point of view and vice versa.