2023-09-29 - Las Vegas
Tour: U2:UV Achtung Baby at the Sphere
Songs played: 23
Audio recordings: 2
  1. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:For those going to opening night, how polished a performance are you expecting? Despite intensive rehearsals it usually takes a handful of shows before they hit their rhythm, so do you go in expecting something a little imperfect and it’s being the first to experience the show that matters? I saw JT17 in Vancouver and all the firsts certainly made up for the bits that weren’t yet right.
    Exactly. Nothing beats the experience of openers. Prefer it above polished shows. Everything is new, band a little uncomfortable and you may get things that won’t be done at any other show.
  2. You can see the fire in Bono’s belly in opening nights. The adrenaline rush that he hasn’t felt in a few years is present but it only lasts a few nights before settling in to business as usual.
  3. Selling a single seated ticket -- section 202 for night one, September 29. 400 dollars, face value. I'm going and will be in seat beside -- had someone pull out.
  4. Originally posted by germcevoy:You can see the fire in Bono’s belly in opening nights. The adrenaline rush that he hasn’t felt in a few years is present but it only lasts a few nights before settling in to business as usual.
    Only ever done one opener… Barca in 2009 and the anticipation and atmosphere was immense. Is it too early to talk about live streams, remember putting my alarm on in the middle of the night to listen to Vancouver x 2 and Tulsa.
  5. Originally posted by zooropa93:[..]
    Only ever done one opener… Barca in 2009 and the anticipation and atmosphere was immense. Is it too early to talk about live streams, remember putting my alarm on in the middle of the night to listen to Vancouver x 2 and Tulsa.
    That same show was the basis of my post. Awesome memories.
  6. Just managed to get a GA ticket off the Ticketmaster fan exchange for opening night, and this will be my first U2 show ever after like, 15 years being a fan. May spontaneously combust from excitement!
  7. Ohhh so good for you!
    This is my 6th show, first opening night
    Sooo excited
  8. Usually how these things go is they cut down the setlist after opening night, so we might get something cool. IIRC, 2017 had MLK opening night and 2018 had wild horses which was pretty much dropped after for NA. Troubles and miracle drug were played opening weekend in 2015 too.
  9. Originally posted by BonoGlasses:Just managed to get a GA ticket off the Ticketmaster fan exchange for opening night, and this will be my first U2 show ever after like, 15 years being a fan. May spontaneously combust from excitement!
    Was it just luck logging in and just seeing one available? I haven’t seen anything pop up at all
  10. Yep, I just resigned to refreshing whenever I remembered to and lo and behold there was a single ticket this morning! Would try to do it hourly if you're not already, but very luck based.
  11. Four days? This is bizarre.
  12. Why?