2023-10-21 - Las Vegas
Tour: U2:UV Achtung Baby at the Sphere
Songs played: 24
Audio recordings: 1
  1. Originally posted by DutchU2Fan:I read on Reddit there was someone who tried to tape audio from the FOH. Thats why the sound got messed up. Het poked in the cable I think.
    P. Vetri in the house, maybe?
  2. From U2songs:

There are sound issues with Sphere tonight. There were glitches in the sound being heard in the early part of the show, almost like a feedback noise at times. The problems come to a head during “All I Want is You”. AJ Rankin (Bono’s stage handler and cousin) appears on stage telling Bono there are problems at the front of house, and requesting that Bono leave the stage area. Bono shares, “I’m not really ready to leave. I don’t care if they are having problems with the console, can we sing one more tune at least? I’m just about to get married here.” It looks to the audience that the show may have to end early from the conversations being had, but Bono refuses to leave the stage, saying he has a story to tell. Adam and The Edge continue to play, and eventually after a long introduction which appears to be Bono killing time, they manage to start “All I Want is You”. Feedback noises can be heard ringing loudly through “All I Want is You”. It appears that the mixing desk may have crashed. Finally it appears that the technical crew have managed to reset “the console”, and the show can go on, although additional issues can be heard at times right up to the remix introducing “Elevation” at the encore. With the sound sorted, “Walk on the Wild Side” is added to “All I Want is You”. Bono introduces it by saying, “This is for all those acrobats, dancers, people who have dressed up for you tonight, whoever you are pretending to be, wherever you are”. At the end of the show, Bono gets the all clear, “we’re good!” and introduces AJ to the crowd.
  3. Originally posted by DutchU2Fan:I read on Reddit there was someone who tried to tape audio from the FOH. Thats why the sound got messed up. Het poked in the cable I think.
    It makes a great story, but I honestly doubt it. There would be other things going wrong if so, and would be a much bigger job to fix if the audio snake cabling was breached.