1. i am not ,, in terms of quality
    but which both you're meaning? hehe

2. Yeah..because In A Little While isn't nearly as good
  3. Well,let's not be so cruel on In A Little While,even if you don't like it,the song brings a special memory of Joey Ramone,so I think considering it friviolous isn't best thing to do,but instead of comparing songs,I think we'll need to find the exact place of the song so that it can work.I can't think of a Vertigo Tour show with Trying to Throw ( It might have been played as a snippet though ),not that it lacks quality,but the shows were intended to reach as many people as they could,so popular songs were preferred to the golden ones,but that's fundemental for every musician.

Anyway after Zoo Tv,there hasn't been an occasion that the song would fit,therefore it was not played. (Excluding some very rare snippets and so)

4. I meant Ultraviolet (a gift from the gods) and TTTYAATW (a funny, cozy song from the 90s).
  5. ok i was not meaning what is best and what is worse .. one could say your own words for Ultra Violet before the 360 .. aside of the adjectives there's a parallel for sure .. and with Love Is Blindness too uh
    let me say probably even Until could have dragged the same thoughts if they "forgot" it

i can never understand how and why a good song can't be elegible for a tour and other worse (not Ultra Violet ) yes
    i'm too narrow .. maybe .. or too open hehe
  6. I understand your points I just think that Trying To Throw is a song that's very attached to the Zoo TV concept, and I can't see it being performed anywhere else. It woulnd't have fit on Popmart, surely not on Elevation or Vertigo Tours, and hardly on the 360 Tour.

Just to give you another comparison, I see it the same way as Numb. A song I really like, but it had its place and time in the Zoo TV tour, and it should stay there imo.
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:I understand your points I just think that Trying To Throw is a song that's very attached to the Zoo TV concept, and I can't see it being performed anywhere else. It woulnd't have fit on Popmart, surely not on Elevation or Vertigo Tours, and hardly on the 360 Tour.

Just to give you another comparison, I see it the same way as Numb. A song I really like, but it had its place and time in the Zoo TV tour, and it should stay there imo.

I'll respectfully disagree Sergio

I think you're definitely right about Numb, it totally fits in with the sensory overload concept and how ZooTV being blasted into your head night after night can make you go numb, yadda yadda.

That being said I think Trying To Throw Your Arms would've worked perfectly on the 360 tour, exactly where someone else said (too lazy to scroll up), right where In A little While went or Your Blue Room, in that little mid-section of the show. Maybe even right after Beautiful Day in the first 1/5th of the show. Especially if Bono followed tradition and told everyone it was a drinking song or whatever, people would've grooved to it for sure, especially since it's a totally danceable song (in terms of just bobbing your head). I would've liked to have seen it on the tour, when I found out they rehearsed it and gave up on it I was totally heartbroken, especially since when you listen to their attempt in that recording it just seems like they're giving it a half-assed try and then saying "nah we didn't get it on the first go-round, forget it."
  8. everything in the ZooTV every piece of it was so perfect where it was that could be out of place once taken off it .. Even Better another example

we get each other ... sorry to disagree with your vision on your day
  9. Shit happy birthday Sergio!
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong:I understand your points I just think that Trying To Throw is a song that's very attached to the Zoo TV concept, and I can't see it being performed anywhere else. .

+1
  11. I think this could have fit in the 360 set where others have mentioned, but wouldn't want it to if they stripped it down like they did to Stay.

My favorite part of Tryin' when played live is Edge's guitar - same with Stay. Tryin' definitely came into its own when played live as Edge added so much to the live arrangement with his front and center picking.

Velvet Dress and Stay are two others that fit the same bill. Love them live due to Edge.

Listening to 8/16/92 right now and TTTYAATW (yikes!) just finished.

Hmmm. Angel just started and Larry sounds as if he's playing hand drums. Did he do this for the whole tour? I didn't see the Outside Broadcast till they came to the midwest in the fall and don't remember this. Thought he had a small kit out there.

As a side, I wish there was a video/dvd of the US Outside Broadcast as I'd like to have seen the Trabant spotlights (on the cranes/arms). I also like the setlist better than the Sydney show.
  12. Originally posted by gurtholfin:I think this could have fit in the 360 set where others have mentioned, but wouldn't want it to if they stripped it down like they did to Stay.

My favorite part of Tryin' when played live is Edge's guitar - same with Stay. Tryin' definitely came into its own when played live as Edge added so much to the live arrangement with his front and center picking.

Velvet Dress and Stay are two others that fit the same bill. Love them live due to Edge.

Listening to 8/16/92 right now and TTTYAATW (yikes!) just finished.

Hmmm. Angel just started and Larry sounds as if he's playing hand drums. Did he do this for the whole tour? I didn't see the Outside Broadcast till they came to the midwest in the fall and don't remember this. Thought he had a small kit out there.

As a side, I wish there was a video/dvd of the US Outside Broadcast as I'd like to have seen the Trabant spotlights (on the cranes/arms). I also like the setlist better than the Sydney show.

Larry played bongos/congas sometimes, and sometimes a small but full drumkit.

The specific Angel Of Harlem performance you just listened has got him playing congas: