1. Look at about 1:33 in this video - fans that would have had those rail spots were "cut in front of" at the request of the band directly (at least from the story I heard), because the same group of people kept queuing to be the front row at every single performance. I think it was Adam that specifically said that can throw the band's magic off, so they switched it up - and those fans that were queuing for front rail sat down in the middle of the heart in protest.

No idea if they did this for any longer than just the opening song or what, but once you see it you can't unsee it. Huge gap in the energy in the heart.
  2. Originally posted by MattG:Look at about 1:33 in this video - fans that would have had those rail spots were "cut in front of" at the request of the band directly (at least from the story I heard), because the same group of people kept queuing to be the front row at every single performance. I think it was Adam that specifically said that can throw the band's magic off, so they switched it up - and those fans that were queuing for front rail sat down in the middle of the heart in protest.

[YouTube Video]

No idea if they did this for any longer than just the opening song or what, but once you see it you can't unsee it. Huge gap in the energy in the heart.
    That is honestly the most asinine thing I've ever heard of. People are selfish lol
  3. This thread on Interference has a summary at the bottom of page 1. It reads like a child whining about getting his candy taken away. Absolutely RIDICULOUS that a group of people who deem themselves "the biggest U2 fans in the world" resorted to a protest that would undoubtedly affect - if not ruin - what they also call "the biggest and most important night of the tour"

It is fans like this that think they're better than everyone else in the arena and in U2's own management. They think they know/deserve the band better than anyone. So when they get told not to run their own GA line outside the venue, for example, they do it elsewhere anyway. Asinine is really the best word.
  4. Originally posted by MattG:Look at about 1:33 in this video - fans that would have had those rail spots were "cut in front of" at the request of the band directly (at least from the story I heard), because the same group of people kept queuing to be the front row at every single performance. I think it was Adam that specifically said that can throw the band's magic off, so they switched it up - and those fans that were queuing for front rail sat down in the middle of the heart in protest.

[YouTube Video]

Should have repeated this during i+e.
  5. Fans were babies
  6. That's why One wasn't included in the DVD if I remember, no? Because fans were still sitting in the heart
  7. Fans are the worst. Imagine paying for a ticket to a show, queuing all day and protesting. For what was likely to be your fortieth show of the tour.
  8. Almost as childish as selfish.
  9. I once heard a big Spanish artist complain that low cost flights and internet are slowly ruining the fun of doing concerts.
  10. Looks like nothing has changed in 17 years