1. If only they had mobile phones in Boston in 2001.

2. Agreed. Epic performance.
  3. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    There was no problem with the ending we heard. There was a problem I believe with the footage we didn’t hear which is what we’re seeing the visuals for. The visuals weren’t from the show we’re hearing the audio from.

The ending of 2001-06-05 sounds very similar to what is on the DVD

Idk 🤷‍♂️
  4. Out of all the live versions I’ve heard of the fly, edge’s guitar just soars in my opinion. Best version for me
  5. I can't see Edge throwing a $4K guitar to the floor and kick it just "for drama"
  6. Was Terry playing synth on that fan made YT video?
  7. Just listening to the audio from that show, either Edge wanted Larry to roll up the song a bit earlier and Larry just kept the same beat? Or he cut Edge to short.... Suppose we'll never know
  8. The version I've always heard is that Larry ended the song before Edge was ready, the half-second shot just after the song ends I seem to remember you being able see Edge screaming at Larry with his arms up in frustration...
  9. He's not happy as with Larry, that's for sure.
  10. But he still has the life of riley.
  11. I have to say, through all the years I’ve only had a general understanding that Edge was dissatisfied with the point at which Larry ended the song. Something perhaps about a solo going awry, or Edge breaking a string and trying to signal the songs end. These stories clank around in my mind and I’m not sure what the “generally accepted” reason is anymore.

However, to echo this quoted post, the audio versions of Gone from our boots seem fairly normal. You or I would almost certainly not notice any true errors.

I have to imagine that the general frustration of a dead crowd during “Gone,” putting the writing on the wall for most any and all Pop material, coupled with the fact that they were shooting a DVD, did not leave Edge in the best headspace for those few minutes.

Where Larry comes into the picture is the real mystery to me. Furthermore, how often this potentially happenes over the pre-cell-phone years that we missed. When have they ever been so mad at themselves on stage?