1. Originally posted by ric:i am just about as big of a Floyd fan as i am a U2 fan. in fact i've been into floyd slightly longer as my dad is a big fan and saw them a few times in the 70's (lucky bastard!)

i have an absolutely massive Floyd collection and love most things they ever did up until Roger Waters left the band but my favourite studio album is probably Animals (the last 'real' floyd album)

My all time favourite Floyd recording however is a bootleg from the 'In the Flesh' tour 77 (which i'd be happy to share with anyone on here who is interested?) - it is Floyd at their ABSOLUTE peak and although 70's era floyd bootlegs can be pretty hit and miss due to the technology available at the time, this one sounds almost pro recorded!

My best ever floyd moment was seeing David Gilmour play Atom Heart Mother with Ron Geesin at the really intimate Cadogan Hall last year - absolute once in a lifetime moment!

i could talk about floyd all day - i am a floyd encyclopedia!

ahh atom heart mother i suppose that is in a perpetual tie for me with animals
    nothing tops meddle for me tho. yes, i even have a soft spot for seamus
  2. Murmur, Wish You Were Here, Atom Heart Mother and Momentary Lapse of Reason are the four ultimates for me. I couldn't stand Division Bell.
  3. Originally posted by drewhiggins:Murmur, Wish You Were Here, Atom Heart Mother and Momentary Lapse of Reason are the four ultimates for me. I couldn't stand Division Bell.

Murmur?!
  4. Originally posted by drewhiggins:Murmur, Wish You Were Here, Atom Heart Mother and Momentary Lapse of Reason are the four ultimates for me. I couldn't stand Division Bell.

Murmur?!
  5. Originally posted by pappy:I bought Dark Side of the Moon in January (?) and I haven't been able to stop listening to it since.

Mind-blowing record all the way through.

Appreciate, people!

I love them too! To me it's like THE BEATLES, PINK FLOYD and U2! amazing bands of all times!

6. its not that i dont like it - more that i've never heard of it! is it a bootleg collection or something? and there i was thinking i had the biggest floyd collection ever!

and yeah i love dsotm! in fact i love pretty much every album except for amlor and division bell

(ps: sorry for the double post earlier!?)
  7. Originally posted by ric:[..]

its not that i dont like it - more that i've never heard of it! is it a bootleg collection or something?

(ps: sorry for the double post earlier!?)

No worries about the double-post, we've all done it before. Division Bell is pretty bad. I think it's a last ''fuck it, we're done'' album.

It wasn't Murmur, it was Meddle with the picture of the eardrum. It shows what happens when you're writing in the morning without thinking. I'll tell you something...a high-school teacher of mine, Mr Brown, he said he had a 200+ collection of Floyd bootlegs. This was a good while back and before I even had one bootleg of any artist.

He was pretty cool, all in to that early English prog rock and concept work. You into concept albums?
  8. Originally posted by drewhiggins:[..]

Meddle, it is - sorry! I was thinking Murmur by REM - which was pretty good.

It just shows what happens when you're writing in the morning.

haha i was about to say! the only album i can think of called murmur is by REM!

but yeah Meddle is an amazing album! i like a couple of songs on the division bell but to be honest once roger waters left it just wasnt really floyd anymore...

i will upload and post the best floyd bootleg ever (that i mentioned earlier) in the next couple of days for you all too - it will blow your mind!
  9. Originally posted by ric:[..]

haha i was about to say! the only album i can think of called murmur is by REM!

but yeah Meddle is an amazing album! i like a couple of songs on the division bell but to be honest once roger waters left it just wasnt really floyd anymore...

i will upload and post the best floyd bootleg ever (that i mentioned earlier) in the next couple of days for you all too - it will blow your mind!

I listened to the Division Bell once. Not interested in the least. The rest...you can't even describe it.

The bootleg from the '77 tour?
  10. Originally posted by drewhiggins:[..]

No worries about the double-post, we've all done it before. Division Bell is pretty bad. I think it's a last ''fuck it, we're done'' album.

It wasn't Murmur, it was Meddle with the picture of the eardrum. It shows what happens when you're writing in the morning without thinking. I'll tell you something...a high-school teacher of mine, Mr Brown, he said he had a 200+ collection of Floyd bootlegs. This was a good while back and before I even had one bootleg of any artist.

He was pretty cool, all in to that early English prog rock and concept work. You into concept albums?

i'm into floyd concept albums! (ie: everything from 73-83!) but to be honest i dont really know many other concept albums.. i do like the idea of a central theme running through an album though

and yeah this bootleg is from a legendary show - it's basically the animals album performed in a different order followed by the wish you were here album but the reason this show is legendary is they closed the concert with careful with that axe eugene which hadnt been played since 72 and has never been played since!

11. Originally posted by ric:[..]

i'm into floyd concept albums! (ie: everything from 73-83!) but to be honest i dont really know many other concept albums.. i do like the idea of a central theme running through an album though

and yeah this bootleg is from a legendary show - it's basically the animals album performed in a different order followed by the wish you were here album but the reason this show is legendary is they closed the concert with careful with that axe eugene which hadnt been played since 72 and has never been played since!

Quadrophenia, Tommy, Along Came A Spider, HIStory, The Last Temptation are a few I can think of and enjoy. They should all be on Amazon UK.

Looking forward to the show as others will be too!