1. The 1st Tokyo show is listenable and the Adelaide show would have been great had the quality not dissapeared for the encore
  2. Originally posted by germcevoyThe 1st Tokyo show is listenable and the Adelaide show would have been great had the quality not dissapeared for the encore
  3. No one is gonna believe this but....... October

After listening to a few famous songs, I decided to buy a U2 CD and since I was born on October, I bought the October CD and really liked it. Especially With A Shout.

Now that I know many more U2 songs, October is not my favorite CD, but it is in my top 5, because of the sentimental connection that I have with the album.

The next album I bought was HTDAAB and War on vinyl.

Edit: It was 3 and a half years ago! time just flies by!
  4. Originally posted by NoamTGthe sentimental connection that I have with the album.

Yep, I think everyone is affected by the first album/single they bought
  5. I bought two U2 albums in 1997 firstly
    One was War and the other was Achtung Baby
    It was enough for me to get obsessed with them!!!
  6. Originally posted by Genaro92U2How To Dismantle last year

then the Chicago DVD then the 2 Best Of's then i downloaded everything else

( i was stupid for getting the Best of's right after i should have gotten the CD's one by one but I didn't know much about U2's albums at that point =( pisses me off at times)

Exactly the same here for me I know exactly how you feel.. hopefully the will release a big box set.. make everything A LOT easier
  7. Originally posted by StrangenightUnder A Blood Red Sky

..... A long long time ago

Same here..........on cassette tape !!!
  8. Originally posted by tui[..]

Exactly the same here for me I know exactly how you feel.. hopefully the will release a big box set.. make everything A LOT easier

HAHA yeah that would be cool but i already have everything =( if they put all the private taped shows that they supposedly have saved for that then i would buy it all over again :0
  9. Was looking for a Metallica song I wasn't really interested (not a big Metallica fan anymore) called 'One' and stumbled across U2...

My first album was Achtung Baby and ATYCLB bought at the same time and I remember so vividly how shocked I was that the same band who wrote Mysterious Ways and Zoo Station also did Beautiful Day that was playing on the radio at the time....
  10. Achtung Baby for me. Got it as a bunch of mp3 files from a friend, i didn't really get into it directly, i did find One amazing and the same for The Fly, but I didn't get the rest of it. It was after all 2 years ago, maybe I wasn't really ready yet and I gave it some time, listened to it now and then and suddenly i realised how much I loved this album. This was somewhat 1 year ago. Still my favourite album
  11. I really can't remember, think it was something like The Joshua Tree. My first 'legal' album was How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb.
  12. the first U2 album i bought was ATYCLB in 2002. I LOVED IT. then i saw the slane broadcast....my dad called one of the songs the "streets of nanyon" i thin we all know which song he was talkin to...thats when i started to like U2...now i have every album bootlegs most of the dvds...ok all of the concert dvds and some of the video stuff....so ive been a fan for about five years