1. My first real contact with U2 was in 2001, when I got a fake copy of ATYCLB. Then I didn't get into U2, but I began to appreciate a lot their music, loving songs like Beautiful Day, Stuck In A Moment, Elevation,... During summer 2005 I went more deeply into U2 by listening to The Best Of 1990-2000 in mp3 on my PC. I loved songs like The First Time, Electrical Storm (William Orbit mix), Mysterious Ways,... But the first real album I bought was HTDAAB on Christmas 2005. After that I began to listen to U2 more and more, untill I fell in love with them during summer 2006. Then I decided to get all their albums, so I got The Joshua Tree in August, October in October (:+ ), Zoo TV Live from Sydney in November, U218 SINGLES Deluxe Edition for Christmas, Boy and War in January, Achtung Baby in April.

2. Rattle and hum...back in 1988
  3. We had the CD "U2 Live From Chicago" (still don't now which tour but i guess around JT-period/Rattle and Hum) + The DVD of Rattle Hum so the first U2-music i heard was from the late 80-ies
    Then the first official album i heard was Dismantle because it was the latest album they brought out...
  4. my sister had a tape of under a blood red sky and later on al
    the first albums on tape ...taped by our uncle ....
    when she went 17 she got the josha tree album (1987)for her birthday ....
    well i played that lp over and over again .at that time i was 14
    on mine 16 birthday i got the rattle and hum album and that was the first album that was
    realy from me .
    when i was 17 i got my first job ...i worked at a bakery and in holland it's so
    if you work in a bakery you get well paid so when i got my first earnt money i bought
    a cd -player and the next thing i bought was boy until rattle and hum in one time on cd......
    after the new years concert in dublin i was so excited about the live performence of u2
    that i started to collect Bootlegs (And books/ mechandising /t -shirts /posters /flags /caps enz. enz...)
    so my first one was ROTTERDAM 10-01-1990 ......and so my collection has begon !!!!
    i always thank my sister that i'am now a bigger u2 fan than here .......
    i saw them 9 times and she saw them only once .....

thank sister ...
  5. I had a tape copy of The Unforgettable Fire. The first U2 album I bought was The Joshua Tree. Vinyl, of course. Both later upgraded to CD. My first U2 CD was Rattle and Hum.

Alex
  6. U218 Singles. I got it for christmas 06, and it got me hooked! I mean, I was a casual fan before, but after listening to that cd,
    I was truly addicted.
  7. Originally posted by easports43U218 Singles. I got it for christmas 06, and it got me hooked! I mean, I was a casual fan before, but after listening to that cd,
    I was truly addicted.

Here's a new fan, then! Always good to know that U2 still make fan! Hope they won't stop!
  8. my best friend presented me HER "best of 80-90" for my birthday....this cd is very important for me because my best frind and i always listened to it and even if it is a bit ruined i love it!!!

thanks to that cd i fell in love with u2!!

9. unforgettable Fire for me, when it was in the charts back in 1984.

10. the first CD i bought was How to dismantle an atomic bomb... but that was only after i bought the Slane DVD... since then i've got every CD and DVD!!!

completely hooked!!
  11. Under A Blood Red Sky on cassette back in the day,24 years ago.......where did that time go...........
  12. The Joshua Tree in 2001 I think. Took me a while to discover their other CD's but I'm very glad I did.