1. Originally posted by sadb7788My first real contact with U2 was in 2001, when I got a fake copy of ATYCLB. Then I didn't get into U2, but I began to appreciate a lot their music, loving songs like Beautiful Day, Stuck In A Moment, Elevation,... During summer 2005 I went more deeply into U2 by listening to The Best Of 1990-2000 in mp3 on my PC. I loved songs like The First Time, Electrical Storm (William Orbit mix), Mysterious Ways,... But the first real album I bought was HTDAAB on Christmas 2005. After that I began to listen to U2 more and more, untill I fell in love with them during summer 2006. Then I decided to get all their albums, so I got The Joshua Tree in August, October in October (:+ ), Zoo TV Live from Sydney in November, U218 SINGLES Deluxe Edition for Christmas, Boy and War in January, Achtung Baby in April.

You must have exactly the same idea as me. Those months are when I got each album too!!!
  2. The first album that I bought my self was Zooropa i was 9 and I saved my allowance for it when it came out!
    But my mom had all the albums before that like I have said I grew up listeng to them. I still remember the ride home from the store with zooropa blaring. What A day.
  3. The Best of 1980-1990 and B-Sides, bought on the very day of its release!
    I remember I booked it some months before!
  4. My first own u2 item was the cd single of Last Night on Earth and the first album ATYCLB
  5. My first u2 album was Rattle N Hum. I didn't buy another u2 cd until i bought the Beautiful Day single.
    But it was All That You Can't Leave Behind and How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb that made me fall in love with U2.
  6. My first albumz by U2 I bought - Rattle and Hum , The Johsua Tree
  7. Boy in 1982

It is now in a very bad state!!
  8. October in 1982. I bought it after I saw the Gloria video on MTV.
  9. Rattle And Hum!!!!

First CD album, then cassette tape album, fake VHS blank-tape off of HBO, then real VHS film, then DVD film, then DVD-ripped audio CD!!!!!

Some of these I bought several times because they wore out. I've probably bought 8 copies of the album and 2-3 copies of the film.

Rattle And Hum: it creates U2 die-hards (as does Slane).