1. i was wondering if i could get everyones help.
    i want to make a 4 disc best of u2 live compilation for a couple individuals who are going through a really hard time. one being cancer, the other is going through depression.

they both are big u2 fans and i want to lmake this as professional as possible.

ideas on setlists, eras, cover art, etc.. would be amazing.

please respond.

thanx
    rick
  2. Originally posted by RickJKDMANi was wondering if i could get everyones help.
    i want to make a 4 disc best of u2 live compilation for a couple individuals who are going through a really hard time. one being cancer, the other is going through depression.

they both are big u2 fans and i want to lmake this as professional as possible.

ideas on setlists, eras, cover art, etc.. would be amazing.

please respond.

thanx
    rick

What a great idea First I should take a look at their favourite songs if you know them. Of course next songs should be in the collection, because they're related to them. I mean Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, Stuck In A Moment, Walk On. Maybe you know some other songs which are really related to them.

Maybe they have visited some shows in the past. Try to get some live recordings of those live shows, I think it would mean a lot to them. I hope they have a good quality.

About cover art I don't really know. Maybe you should make a cover with a picture singing very emotional (like in Kite), and then with the text beneath:
    It's just a moment, this time will pass''

I hope this helped you a little. I wish you good luck with making this compilation, and I hope it will really help them during these hard times.
  3. By the way, you're new here! Welcome mate Would you like to introduce yourself?
  4. yeah my name is rick i am 30 years old from ohio. i have been a u2 fan for 17 years. its great to be here.

yeah to my uncle, he is very very picky as far as sound quality goes. i took him to a couple of shows during the elevation tour .

i am going to cut grass in a minute take my wifes ipod shuffle , put a lot of live u2 on it and get ideas. come back and try to hash something out. also, the more ideas i get the better.

one more thing. does anyone know a decent audio editor. there are some songs that have really long pauses between them and id like to minimize that.

thanx
  5. itunes can sort them pauses out for you. Just right click on your song and choose the options header and you can edit the start and ending times of songs. its soo easy. So handy for live albums. Find out which shows your unclw was at
  6. i took my uncle to the first show in chicago on the elevation tour , first let, and then i took him to notre dame.
    i was thinking of making this career spanning also. i love kite from sydney on the vertigo tour.
  7. Originally posted by RickJKDMANi took my uncle to the first show in chicago on the elevation tour , first let, and then i took him to notre dame.
    i was thinking of making this career spanning also. i love kite from sydney on the vertigo tour.

Notre Dame. Theres an awesome soundboard of that show and an awesome video to. He'l be over the moon
  8. i'll get you the version of Kite from Sydney that was released on the Window In The Skies single. Awesome quality. I'll do that for you later. But to really tackle this little project you'l have to do a bit of research on your uncle. Favourite songs and tours, colllaborations, shows they've been to. Definatley download the Notre Dame show, the quality is too good to pass up. If you have his ticket stub for the Notre Dame show you could kinda make an album cover with that. Scan it in over the top of the album art that you'l find here. Might be cool
  9. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

Notre Dame. Theres an awesome soundboard of that show and an awesome video to. He'l be over the moon

i agree with you on that one 100%. also a darn good audio recording of the chicago show. awesome memories that ill have forever.

which version of the fly should i put on? zoo tv, elevation, or vertigo. i love all 3 i could , since its a 4 disc put two on.
  10. Originally posted by RickJKDMAN[..]

i agree with you on that one 100%. also a darn good audio recording of the chicago show. awesome memories that ill have forever.

which version of the fly should i put on? zoo tv, elevation, or vertigo. i love all 3 i could , since its a 4 disc put two on.

I would put the elevation from boston version.
    Best version of Fly ever
  11. Originally posted by RickJKDMAN[..]

The Fly from the Boston DVD would definatley get my vote. I'm not a huge fan of Vertigo Fly's so i'd personally opt for a ZooTV version. Dublin 1993-08-28. (again I can upload these if you dont want to have to download them all yourself)
  12. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

The Fly from the Boston DVD would definatley get my vote. I'm not a huge fan of Vertigo Fly's so i'd personally opt for a ZooTV version. Dublin 1993-08-28. (again I can upload these if you dont want to have to download them all yourself)

thanx alot , time to go cut grass, get that done and then on to this.

thanx a million.