1. I think it sometimes makes all the difference when you get to a point in your life that changes your view on things. The lyrics of One Step Closer are a gem to me.

As for AMAAW, it was always one of my favs from HTDAAB, and I still love the acoustic version.
  2. Originally posted by MacStripey:[..]

I think it sometimes makes all the difference when you get to a point in your life that changes your view on things. The lyrics of One Step Closer are a gem to me.

As for AMAAW, it was always one of my favs from HTDAAB, and I still love the acoustic version.
    I'm with you all the way on this... everything.
  3. It's a great track for me!!
  4. Sorry folks, I think it's awful. And the 'acoustic' version is worse! Respect to those who like it though.
  5. Those awful dudes obviously love California and American Soul.
  6. In my head the musical arrangement or (postproduction, whatever it is) just sounds too generic and bland. To me it sounds like something any pop singer with session musicians would have in their albums (in spanish music, this song reminds me of Miguel Bosé).

I reckon it can be a nice song, but it's not for my ears.
  7. love to death this song....
  8. and how can anyone hate California? Is like the best U2 song since AB
  9. Never quite got that one. Was actually kinda apathetic about it. Just 'meh' as far as I was concerned. But then again, I love the piano version of Stuck In A Moment so take my opinions with a grain of salt lol!
  10. Originally posted by MacStripey:[..]

I think it sometimes makes all the difference when you get to a point in your life that changes your view on things. The lyrics of One Step Closer are a gem to me.

I agree, One Step Closer is one I love the lyrics to. There are some that are great bits of music and others that are great bits of lyrics. Reminds me of a game I used to play called "When bad lyrics happen to good music" and it's close cousin "When Good Lyrics are ruined by bad Music". I'm sure U2 has songs in both camps - I could name some but I'm afraid I'd start a war.
  11. Originally posted by MacStripey:[..]

Yeah, I guess being in a life-changing situation might change my view on this song - and on many more things. I've just not been in that situation yet (luckily? or not)