1. Originally posted by Remy[..]

Hahaha. Your uncle is a great man

he's giving me his signed Joshua Tree vinyl because I gave him cd's of all the U2 shows he's been at. great indeed
  2. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

he's giving me his signed Joshua Tree vinyl because I gave him cd's of all the U2 shows he's been at. great indeed

Wish I had an uncle like that!

But.. let's go ontopic now
  3. yes weak songs.
  4. Originally posted by germcevoyyes weak songs.

I don't consider U2 songs weak but a song like Elvis Presley and America is really a song too much on the UF album.
  5. Originally posted by Remy[..]

I don't consider U2 songs weak but a song like Elvis Presley and America is really a song too much on the UF album.

it doesn't offer anything that points in a positive direction. Same with Grace for me
  6. Originally posted by Remy[..]

Well, in an other way, it is A Sort of Homecoming half-slowed, tuned 1/2 down step with weird vocals and acoustic guitar, I don't know if you will like more now
  7. What does anyone think of Shadows and Tall Trees? I've just been curious. It's not really my favorite.
  8. I remember reading in an interview that U2 had to pick between Trip through your Wire and Heartland to put on the Joshua Tree and i was so frustrated! Heartland is one of my favorite tracks and Trip through your Wire just didn't belong (atleast I don't think so!) on the Joshua Tree. If Heartland was there in its place, it would be up there as a flawless album for me with Achtung and ATYCLB. That song single handedly knocks the album down a knotch I think......

Not that I hate that song.....oh wait, yes I do. Very, very much
  9. Originally posted by easports43What does anyone think of Shadows and Tall Trees? I've just been curious. It's not really my favorite.
    I don0t like it very much, although I appreciate it as the closer of the 1st album of U2...

It has some nice senteces ("I walk street rain tragicomedy, I'll walk home again, to the street melody...")... Really emotive.
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]I don0t like it very much, although I appreciate it as the closer of the 1st album of U2...

It has some nice senteces ("I walk street rain tragicomedy, I'll walk home again, to the street melody...")... Really emotive.

Agreed!
  11. Originally posted by U2sBiggestFan[..]

don't you think it would be strange the have An Cat Dubn without Into the Heart ?

No, not really.
  12. Originally posted by ZephosNo, not really.
    I have always considered An Cat Dubh and Into The Heart as ONE song, never two. In fact, they have always been performed together.