1. There is this phenomenal acoustic cover version of Running to Stand Still but I dont know who plays it, anyone?
  2. Originally posted by jag0918There is this phenomenal acoustic cover version of Running to Stand Still but I dont know who plays it, anyone?

This one?

3. The Frames do a good version of 40
  4. Originally posted by LikeASongKeane - Acrobat (included on their tribute album With Or Without You). Absolutely great.

Of course he meant Kane. Just for the good order, if you're interested in this great album
  5. It's indeed Kane and they gave a great u2 cover concert. They make very good music
  6. No its NOT Kane....tell ya what, heres my myspace page.
    Go to my music player & click on Running to Stand Still Acoustic.
    The guy labeled it U2 but obviously its not.
    www.myspace.com/zoostation2007
  7. Duke Special - Ultraviolet (Light My Way)

Johnny Cash - One

theres also a great tribute band in Ireland called Rattle and Hum. Its like a U2 gig in an intimate venue. The singer looks and sounds like Bono, they've all perfected the band's moves perfectly.Really fantastic.
  8. Just been checking out that Elevation cover band, they are pretty good I must say

The singer seems to try a bit TOO hard to be Bono...but each to their own I guess!

In fact, they all kinda do, but I guess that's the nature of cover bands lol...

9. Found this cover of All I Want Is You by the Irish girl group Bellefire. I'm not a big fan of it but thought it might be intresting to post.

10. I know this was posted a long time ago, Harry, but I've seen Elevation three or four times. They're really good . I actually have a picture with the lead singer nicknamed "Dano" he looks a lot like Bono!
  11. C'mon, now. The Pet Shop Boys "Where the Streets Have No Name" is a great cover. I think it probably helped U2's transition from ernestness to irony.