1. I see everyone forgot about the second question:

I think the only reason the Edge won that fight at an early gig, is because he's a lot bigger than Bono. Seriously Bono is like the girl of the band.

I would say Larry would win a fight, he has a drummer's arms and is at least as coordinated as the Edge. (Gerard seems to haveforgot that drummers need hand eye coordination as well). Also drumming requires power, punching also requires power, playing guitar not so much.

As for covers of U2 songs, I haven't heard any except covers of In A Little While by James Blunt and the Brandon Flowers & U2 duet of the same song, both were nothing special.

But i do think the Killers could be quite good at covering some more interesting U2 songs, thinking 90s era. And isn't Kane basically a U2 tribute band?
  2. Originally posted by vanquish:I see everyone forgot about the second question:

I think the only reason the Edge won that fight at an early gig, is because he's a lot bigger than Bono. Seriously Bono is like the girl of the band.

I would say Larry would win a fight, he has a drummer's arms and is at least as coordinated as the Edge. (Gerard seems to haveforgot that drummers need hand eye coordination as well). Also drumming requires power, punching also requires power, playing guitar not so much.

As for covers of U2 songs, I haven't heard any except covers of In A Little While by James Blunt and the Brandon Flowers & U2 duet of the same song, both were nothing special.

But i do think the Killers could be quite good at covering some more interesting U2 songs, thinking 90s era. And isn't Kane basically a U2 tribute band?

Kane is/are huge fans of U2 and they sometimes cover their songs. But they're not a tribute band.

I've heard several versions of One and ISHFWILF though (same lyrics, different melody). Dunno which artists...
  3. I was actually looking for a topic for dreadfull covers...but I can put it here instead I guess...

4. Les Paul & Johnny Rzeznik - All I Want Is You
    Smashing Pumpkins - Stay (Faraway, So Close!)

...but generally, U2 covers are shocking.
  5. Originally posted by wangmaster:Les Paul & Johnny Rzeznik - All I Want Is You
    Smashing Pumpkins - Stay (Faraway, So Close!)

...but generally, U2 covers are shocking.

Agree on the Rzeznik version of AIWIY, but I can't bear that Smashing Pumpkins cover
  6. Check out my cover of 'Stay (Faraway So close)....

7. Was in a shop today and heard an acoustic version by a women artist singing Pride. Didn't recognize the voice though. Cover wasn't too bad either.

Anyone know what artist this is?
  8. Have to back the earlier suggestions:
    One - Johnny Cash
    Bullet The Blue Sky - P.O.D.
    Sunday Bloody Sunday - Red Hot Chillie Peppers (although I've really only seen the opening of it)

For the youngsters out there I'm sure I've heard a Paramore version of Sunday Bloody Sunday

9. Warren Haynes at Bonnaroo covering "One" is pretty god damn amazing. Or anytime He with Gov't Mule plays it is as well.
  10. Originally posted by vanquish:I see everyone forgot about the second question:

Don't underestimate Adam, they always say, watch out for the quiet ones.

He once did a nudie run at school and being expelled, missed a gig in Sydney due to all night benders & dated a supermodel, that is hardcore!

That said, you're probably right with Larry, as bono says, he is the bodyguard of the band.

11. Avalanches - Where The Streets Have No Name
    P.O.D. - Bullet The Blue Sky
    Fear Factory - I Will Follow
    Keane - Acrobat
  12. Fez: