1. Originally posted by DougielYou won't get much more released than has already been put out. There was a technical problem with the cameras which meant a lot of the show wasn't filmed.

Not entirely true.
    There was a power issue on the first show, the first 45 minutes of that show weren't filmed.

But that didn't harm the recording in any way since we have full versions of Vertigo, IWF and Elevation, those were recordings from only the second night.

So they don't have any technical reason for not putting out the whole show, every song was filmed. Some songs were just filmed once, and for a guy like Hamish Hamiltion isn't that always good enough unfortunately.
  2. At least they're the proper songs, unedited.

The version of Miss Sarajevo doesn't really get you in. I watched Sydney compared to Milan for this and it sounds a hell of a lot better. But then his voice had improved again.
  3. Originally posted by drewhigginsAt least they're the proper songs, unedited.

The version of Miss Sarajevo doesn't really get you in. I watched Sydney compared to Milan for this and it sounds a hell of a lot better. But then his voice had improved again.

Miss Sarajevo from the 20th was much better. I was pissed as hell that they didn't put that version on the DVD. only dissapointng song was COBL because of some tragic cheesy camera moments. Other than the fact that its incomplete I thinks its great none the less
  4. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

Miss Sarajevo from the 20th was much better. I was pissed as hell that they didn't put that version on the DVD. only dissapointng song was COBL because of some tragic cheesy camera moments. Other than the fact that its incomplete I thinks its great none the less

Hamish Hamilton's fault. Again. I did hear the 20th version and that was way better.
  5. Originally posted by drewhiggins[..]

Hamish Hamilton's fault. Again.

have you saw the bit in COBL where you see a girl taking a photo on her phone and the second she takes it, the camera on Bono freeze frames like an actual photograph and it flys of the screen? Truley terrible. And all of the one transparent image over another. U2 dvd's used to be more simple and raw. Vertigo DVD's though
  6. Originally posted by DougielYou won't get much more released than has already been put out. There was a technical problem with the cameras which meant a lot of the show wasn't filmed.

It was the first night. The second night the cameras worked well, because not Bono voice...
  7. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

Yeah, I have bought ABOY single from this song... seriously, it's painful to hear Bono voice in With or Without You
  8. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

have you saw the bit in COBL where you see a girl taking a photo on her phone and the second she takes it, the camera on Bono freeze frames like an actual photograph and it flys of the screen? Truley terrible. And all of the one transparent image over another. U2 dvd's used to be more simple and raw. Vertigo DVD's though

I actually like that effect. It's pretty cool and it's different.

I love Hamish' work, apart from using footage from multiple nights I really think it's nice editing and often fits the song or the mood well.
  9. Originally posted by Remy[..]

I actually like that effect. It's pretty cool and it's different.

I love Hamish' work, apart from using footage from multiple nights I really think it's nice editing and often fits the song or the mood well.

the fase effect or the snapshot thing?
  10. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

the fase effect or the snapshot thing?

The snapshot thing. Hamish is a very modern editor, he does new and other things and most of them will become more and more used in the future because normal videos are just becoming boring
  11. I liked the rawness of past DVD's though with no effects (Slane, Boston, Sydney, Mexico). That moment just made me cringe big time.
  12. Originally posted by stefano1973I was a little disappointed too. only 10 songs for such a great show....
    It would have deserved a complete show DVD

Originally posted by Yogi...I'm just happy to have Original of the Species with Edge on guitar, Miss Sarajevo with Bono singing opera part, and incredible performance of all other songs. And Bono was vocally almost perfect.

I agree with both of you. The show of Milan was really great and it should ahve been released entirely. Anyway I think U2 had already decided to release a "little movie" like Bono says before singing Still Haven't Found. This is the only reason because of which the DVD includes only 10 songs.
    But looking at the positive side of the situation, Yogi is right! At least we have some wonderful performances!