1. Originally posted by germcevoyJust watched both discs and i'm bitterly dissapointed.

Main show : excellent performance as we all know and greatly improved sound but the picture is terrible for a DVD. Sydney is much much much better. The picture lets it down big time.

Bonus disc : Looked promising but again i'm really dissapointed. The camera work on the Rotterdam songs is terrible. Just constant fades and shots laid on top of shots. The first minute of Discotheque is completley out of focus. Also dissapointed with the sound quality onthese tracks. The Sarajevo documentary isn't as good as the one found on the best of 1990-2000 DVD although it does include parts of Streets and The Real Thing. Edmonton tracks were average I thought and the tour of the tour feature was just alright.

Overall , the best thing about the DVD for me was the packaging. As a show, Popmart Mexico is great but for a DVD release i'm giving this one 6.5/10

Now you're scaring me....I'm 99% sure I'll buy it when it comes out here next week, but you did just plant a seed of doubt in my mind...
  2. Great DVD.
    Picture has improved a lot. The colours are much warmer and brighter. Maybe a little too much red here and there
    Sound: Dolby Digital 5.1 sounds amazing. Bono's voice is really clear, coming directly from the center.

Bonus:
    The Please performance from Rotterdam alone is worth buying the 2DVD version.
    Rotterdam and both Edmonton shows were great gigs with an amazing audience. Really great to have these as bonus.

The rest on the bonus disc is nice to have if you're into documentaries. Nothing new, but decent stuff.

If you haven't been there, you get an idea on what Popmart looked like, still the DVD can't really transport how big these shows were, though.

Together with Sydney the best DVD so far and an absolute must have.
  3. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

the trabants are there indeed. The changes in the setlist for the final few shows gave the Sydney DVD a completley different feel to the rest of ZooTV I think. I'd have loved it if Bad and Ultraviolet were not dropped and if Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World was allowed to be included. I think Sydney is still an excellent visual aid to ZooTV. The final shows just had a different feel and it's always been my opinion that this is because the change in setlist

ok maybe i should watch it anew hehe. and yeah maybe it's really because of the changed setlist. anyway, i prefer the oustide broadcast special .... it just feels better
  4. Originally posted by germcevoy

Bonus disc : Looked promising but again i'm really dissapointed. The camera work on the Rotterdam songs is terrible. Just constant fades and shots laid on top of shots.

I agree with you here...

I think the concert is really awesome, but not as awesome as ZooTV (as Remy said) but that's because i just like ZooTV more than Popmart so i'm not really objective
    Still it's a great show, i think this will come in 2nd place after ZooTV...
    => Sound is awesome, some songs really can blow my house away
    Though i still think the view is sometimes a bit too flashy... (but maybe that's the meaning of Pop ofcourse...)

Bonus DVD was fine
  5. Originally posted by haytrain[..]

Now you're scaring me....I'm 99% sure I'll buy it when it comes out here next week, but you did just plant a seed of doubt in my mind...

just my opinion man. me saying the picture is crap is just what I think. Its a nice DVD but just buy it and udge for yourself.
  6. I'm finally not buying it.
    Due to the reviews posted here, i think it's not worth the price and of course I can see it whenever I want. The only pain is not having the Bonus Disc... I think I will download it from somewhere in the web.
  7. Originally posted by LikeASongI'm finally not buying it.
    Due to the reviews posted here, i think it's not worth the price and of course I can see it whenever I want. The only pain is not having the Bonus Disc... I think I will download it from somewhere in the web.

I almost got ripped off on the orics too. Went to HMV and couldn't find the double disc version so I went to virgin and they had it . .. . at £31. Crazy. Went back to HMV and looked harder and got it for 18.
  8. It does look cool though : Invalid url 'http://[IMG]http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/6852/popmartdbldvdpopupvt6.jpg[/IMG]'
  9. That looks wicked cool with Edge there! I'll hopefully be getting mine this weekend. Question. Is the Please video the same video from the Best of 90 -2000 bonus disc?
  10. Originally posted by fendermanThat looks wicked cool with Edge there! I'll hopefully be getting mine this weekend. Question. Is the Please video the same video from the Best of 90 -2000 bonus disc?

no. Thats from Helsinki I think
  11. Originally posted by fendermanThat looks wicked cool with Edge there! I'll hopefully be getting mine this weekend. Question. Is the Please video the same video from the Best of 90 -2000 bonus disc?
    I think it is.
    And also the same version from A Year Of POP. All this versions of Please are from the Rotterdam 1997-07-18 concert.
  12. Originally posted by germcevoyno. Thats from Helsinki I think
    Oh yes i is. Helsinki 97-08-09. Youre right.