1. Originally posted by germcevoy:Hilight of the night though went as follows. I'd posted on here from the venue on the mobile saying that I was hear to see the band and throughout the night I was on my mobile checking and posting like I do. As I got up to leave some guy says to mer 'here, are you germcevoy on U2start?' I nearly shit a brick. He'd saw my post above before he'd left the house to go to the very same gig as me and just happened to be standing behind me and saw me on here with my mobile. Freakishly small world eh?

Couldn,t get his username but asked him to drop me a PM

You have your very own stalker! Congrats!
  2. Bump for new user
  3. In Australia we have "The Australian U2 Show" who have been around for 17 years and still going strong. (Although there have been a few different line up changes )

Check out some videos on YouTube

(Vertigo)

(TheFly)

and their website .......... http://www.austu2show.com/default.asp

4. I go busking sometimes in liverpool and chester and all i do is u2 ,,im no edge but i can do a lot off u2 from JT to NLOTH and i love it ,the money i get i take enough to get a sub for lunch and the rest i put in what ever charaty box is around,,i havent been for a while sine liverpool really cracked down on buskers but im going warrington in a few weeks to test drive some new U2 tunes so i carnt wait
  5. Originally posted by thecopperkid:I go busking sometimes in liverpool and chester and all i do is u2 ,,im no edge but i can do a lot off u2 from JT to NLOTH and i love it ,the money i get i take enough to get a sub for lunch and the rest i put in what ever charaty box is around,,i havent been for a while sine liverpool really cracked down on buskers but im going warrington in a few weeks to test drive some new U2 tunes so i carnt wait

keep it up mate
  6. I know of two Dutch tribut bands: U2two and U2NL.
  7. Regarding tribs - The Original Achtung Baby are back after eight years away - these guys were just about as 'official' as you could get and they played alongside U2 at Feyenoord Stadium in the 90's. We saw them in Belfast and it was their second gig - amazing! All look like U2 (apparantly they were led into U2's changing rooms by mistake) and the sound is spot on. I've seen all the current U2 tributes and these guys just stormed through the set. Guitarist had an amazing effects rack, vox's and every note was spot on - the sound WAS The Edge, plus his piano playing was great. Their roadie told me he had some of the exact effect sounds The Edge used - don't ask me where he got them from?! Singer looked like Bono, although he had the younger vocal sound, which he coped perfectly with Bad and Sort of Homecoming. Drummer was spot on beat for beat, same kit lay out and Bassman was Clayton!

I even listened for the harmonics in Vertigo and the guitar player had it down easy - the Bullet solo was better than Edge and we could see he was holding back, so he didn't 'out flash' The Edge.
    Got to say - simply THE U2 tribute show and they've even earned direct praise from Bono...can't be bad!

Their website is full of history, although it needs updating - looks a bit crappy round the edges....mind you, so does The Bootleg Beatles!
  8. Saw the band Elevation for the 4th time last night at the Taste of Chicago. They've got amazing props- pretty much all replicas of the jackets Bono wore in the Vertigo Tour. Did a great rendition of Boots and Magnificent + all the "oldies."

Considerable amount of U2 fans there, complete with Tour shirts. Made me so excited for the gigs down the road.

They noted that when the tour comes to the US they will play the nights of Sept 12 and 13 in Chicago. If anyone attends the Chicago concerts, I'd be happy to post what pubs they'd play in.
  9. Off to see ZU2 tomorow night. Looking forwad to it
  10. Tribute band played the most amazing snippet i've ever heard tonight. It left me speechless.

Playing WOWY and they had already did the whole song plus Shine Like Stars but the drummer and bass player kept going and the guitarist was playing a dew basic chords and the singer began. . . . .'I wanna trip inside your head and spend the day there' . . . . I thought wow, excellent segue and he continued . . .'to hear the things you havent said, to see what you might see. . . . . I wanna see your thoughts take shape and walk right out. . . . (i then expected them to break into Miracle Drug properly but he continued with 'and you give, and you give, and you give' and built it up for another Shine Like Stars followed by Love Will Tear Us Apart followed by another round of 'woh oh oh ohs'.

Hard to describe but I was stunned at how well it worked. Jaw on the floor material. . . . . . .from a tribute act
  11. Hard to describe but I was stunned at how well it worked. Jaw on the floor material. . . . . . .from a tribute act

I was wondering about this for a while. Are there any big u2 tribute bands already? B/c - this is probably a little too big, but - they should do sequels to past U2 tours. E.g. I would love to be able to see PopMart in action.
  12. In the UK I've seen U2UK twice and although they play "proper venues" and tickets are about £11 (as oppose to most tribute bands I see in pubs) they have been brilliant both times, doing the live versions of the songs complete with all the extra bits and between song/intro banter. They bizarrely had a live cd for sale and t-shirts. Years ago i saw Dopplegangers who were pretty good - it was around the Zoo TV era and the Bono was dressed as the fly. the Larry fella sang Dirty Old Town which was a fun surprise.