1. Originally posted by FromMEtoU2:[..]
    I've been trying to find a really good live version (video and sound) on Youtube but with little success. Anyone have any luck? I know it was the 80s, and we're not talking HD cameras, but still, there must be something out there...
    Isn't Red Rocks good enough?

Oh wait
  2. Jokes aside, the San Francisco 81 proshot is pretty neat BUT it's the guitar genesis of the song, not the piano version that was played afterwards (and included in the album obv).
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:Jokes aside, the San Francisco 81 proshot is pretty neat BUT it's the guitar genesis of the song, not the piano version that was played afterwards (and included in the album obv).
    I do prefer the piano versions, but still, this is a good find. I like how Bono calls the song "When I Fall Down" in the introduction.
  4. The photo I use for my profile pic was taken during I Fall Down.
  5. Has to be Gloria. The video for that song is what ignited my curiosity about this band.
  6. It's the album I listen to the least, but it's honestly really brilliant. My favorites are I fall down, Rejoice, Fire, Tomorrow & of course Gloria has proven to be one of their greatest live songs. I wish the band had played Tomorrow in 2015 or 2018. It fits the narrative they wanted & it has a big musical explosion in the end which I believe would sound massive and amazing in an arena.
  7. Happy birthday to the original Songs of Experience!

My personal favourite track is Tomorrow, but the more I listen to this record the more brilliant I find it. And there were some phenomenal, fiery shows for this album hanging out in u2start’s show pages...
  8. I thoroughly enjoy this album. Every moment of it.
  9. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:Happy birthday to the original Songs of Experience!

My personal favourite track is Tomorrow, but the more I listen to this record the more brilliant I find it. And there were some phenomenal, fiery shows for this album hanging out in u2start’s show pages...
    Yes, a classic example of a tour overshadowing its album. They were ON FIRE!! Some of the best gigs from the 80s come from the October Tour.
  10. With a Shout and Rejoice
    I love October. It's very spiritual and often misunderstood. I have my dad's old vinyl copy of it, which is a lot of fun to listen to.