1. I will buy the 8 next week, the X is too much.
  2. I just realised how Apple totally tricked me into doing this:

(started with 32GB iPhone 5, which was fine storage-wise)
    iPhone 6 - no 32GB version existed, went for 64GB as I used it all
    iPhone 7 - no 64GB version existed, went for 128GB as I used it all
    iPhone X - no 128GB version exists, have to buy 256GB
  3. Originally posted by Remy:I just realised how Apple totally tricked me into doing this:

(started with 32GB iPhone 5, which was fine storage-wise)
    iPhone 6 - no 32GB version existed, went for 64GB as I used it all
    iPhone 7 - no 64GB version existed, went for 128GB as I used it all
    iPhone X - no 128GB version exists, have to buy 256GB
    Every year. I think the 7 will be my last iPhone. Plenary of life in it yet but I fancy being on the cutting edge again. Looking forward to seeing the Pixel 2.
  4. Ordered an Apple Watch. Gonna be using this iPhone 7 for a while longer and some of the new heart rate monitoring stuff will be genuinely useful for my diabetes.
  5. i bought an i phone 7 plus 128 giga in june 'cause i work in advertising and i need it with my mac book pro. i'm with apple since the first mini mac little monitor black and white , now i have 7 mac in the office but i won't buy a new i phone now. It's really too much expensive and the differences are not so big. Ok as usual a better camera/video and the facial instead the fingertouch. Technology is running to fast for me. I don't need an Apple Watch, maybe the surprise will be the smartv Apple in 4/K
    for me why i use only the free streaming for sport, films and all others interesting things i desire, like concerts and the museums of arts. Have a super weekend everybody.
  6. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    Every year. I think the 7 will be my last iPhone. Plenary of life in it yet but I fancy being on the cutting edge again. Looking forward to seeing the Pixel 2.
    Pixel 2 will be great!! But I'll stick to my Pixel 1 for another year, it still rocks!
  7. Originally posted by germcevoy:Ordered an Apple Watch. Gonna be using this iPhone 7 for a while longer and some of the new heart rate monitoring stuff will be genuinely useful for my diabetes.
    Let me know how you find it, I'm genuinely tempted for something a little more day-to-day than my Garmin
  8. Picking it up today so will have some feedback by the end of the week. Ive gone for the cheaper series 1 model. I do use GPS for my cycling but have a dedicated head unit on the bike so I'll mainly be using the watch for more basic activity tracking, heart rate and notifications while cycling or driving.
  9. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    Picking it up today so will have some feedback by the end of the week. Ive gone for the cheaper series 1 model. I do use GPS for my cycling but have a dedicated head unit on the bike so I'll mainly be using the watch for more basic activity tracking, heart rate and notifications while cycling or driving.
    which GPS unit do you use for cycling? I use a Garmin 520 but maps are a load of crap. I'm anticipating this one https://www.hammerhead.io/pages/karoo
  10. I'm using a wahoo ELEMNT bolt. It's fantastic however I would not recommend if for mapping purposes. It's fantastic for following preselected routes but relies on your smartphone for other mapping functions. I tend to know the roads where I cycle and if I don't then I create a route. Battery lasts me for over a week as well.
  11. Accidentally opened page 1 of this topic... interesting to see discussions on the iPod touch and the iMac and Dan explaining how he's used it for U2start and facebook and seems to be good! So much difference in 9 years!!
  12. Ordered the iPhone 8!