1. Originally posted by drewhigginsThere's always drum kits in mines - haven't you seen them? Plus if you go hunting around there you can find recording studios, mixing desks...amazing.
    You the aussies are strange even for the mines' equipement.
  2. Originally posted by walkonelevation videoclip is the best they have done
    And yours is probably the most out-topic answer ever
  3. *bump*

From the recent Rolling Stone interview by Edge:

"There's many songs you haven't played in decades. Then there's "Red Hill Mining Town," which you've never played.
    That's true. I had a couple of days at the end of a studio session where I was listening to that song and working on guitar parts for it, which I hadn't thought about for so many years. That tune in itself is just right slap-bang in some ways what's going on with the U.K. It's not quite as intense, but there's industrial action breaking out all over the U.K. for the first time in generations. It's not exactly a repeat of the Winter of Discontent, but it's wild those issues are coming back. It does seem like politics is polarized in so many parts of the developing world to an extent that I find worrying. I'm sure most people do. Those days were difficult, dark times, and personally we really would hate to see it go back there.

Why do you think that's the only song on the album you never bothered to play live? Is it difficult to play or difficult for Bono to sing?
    I think it was probably one of those songs that due to tempo and arrangement never found a place within the live set. It's funny, sometimes great songs ... Think of a live show as an ecosystem. You've got niches to fill. There are uptempo, fast, dramatic songs and those are crucial. Then there are sort of more medium-tempo songs and no matter how great they are, sometimes you just can't find a place for them. So I don't think it was anything more complicated than that. But listening back to it I was like, "Wow, this is, I'm really …"
    You may not know this, but within a few days of finishing the album, "Red Hill Mining Town" was our leading contender for the first single. We went ahead and made a video for it with Neil Jordan and we were very pretty confident about it. Then as the weeks went by and we sort of got back our objectivity, views started to change and it became "With or Without You," and I think we were correct. "

What do you think? can we expect this great song as a single soon? It will be awesome live!
  4. Originally posted by u2joost:*bump*

From the recent Rolling Stone interview by Edge:

[..]

What do you think? can we expect this great song as a single soon? It will be awesome live!
    Put out a 'new' song from the JT sessions (nothing we've ever heard) and RHMT as a live track.
  5. I don't think there are that many 'JT sessions' songs we haven't heard yet (if any).

It will be RHMT (hence the 'Red Hill' group for the presale...) I believe. Would be awesome if it was 2017 version re-recorded.
  6. Brilliant tune, they have to release this as a single, or re-do it, maybe to promote the tour as this seems to be the main topic
  7. I'm really curious to what they'll do with this song in the upcoming tour. Probably will get an acoustic and shortened treatment I reckon, and probably performed in the key of F or even E (instead of the original G).
  8. Yeah, I can't see them doing it full band. Just Bono and Edge on acoustic guitar probably.
  9. Bunch of pessimists around here!