1. The thing that frustrates me most is when we get 30 seconds of pro shot footage of a song when they’re on tour. Why not just give us a full song as paid subscribers? That would give us a bunch more live stuff without them even having to properly release it. That subscriber special today was an absolute joke btw.
  2. They record every single show in both multi-track and professional cameras. So they have full proshots of every show for the past 2 decades at least. Maybe not as many as the potential releases but they have every show with multiple camera angles. There is no reason they cannot release full songs from multiple shows instead of those lame snippets. Hell Metallica releases them ALL the time on their FB page. They are now even posting full pro shot videos for viewing in the Nugs app. Bruce does this too occasionally. Full songs when he is on tour not to mention he is now posting to Youtube all his past official live videos plus some videos never released before like JazzFest 2006. It is only like 3 camera and the direction is obviously not among the best, but it is an incredible document just the same. No one expected it nor even aware of it and he just posted it to his official YouTube page.

Why can't U2 do something like this?
  3. Originally posted by deanallison:The thing that frustrates me most is when we get 30 seconds of pro shot footage of a song when they’re on tour. Why not just give us a full song as paid subscribers? That would give us a bunch more live stuff without them even having to properly release it. That subscriber special today was an absolute joke btw.
    I enjoyed reading Fanning's text a lot!
  4. Well you’re getting more moneys worth out of the site than I am then because I wouldn’t have put one single penny of the subscription fee towards that. It’s the kind of thing that you would expect to read for free somewhere hardly first class exclusive subscriber special material.

5. Right, it’s still essentially a repeated gift though. “Live versions of Joshua Tree songs” which has been done.

What I think they ought to do is release a Best of 2000-2020 compilation and the fan club gift should be a bonus disc or two of “Edge Picks” unreleased live cuts from that timespan.

It’s not a perfect idea but it at least gets them comfortable breaking into older parts of the catalog instead of doing another JT thing.

Of course, we’d end up with the live versions ripped off official releases
  6. Originally posted by MattG:[..]

Right, it’s still essentially a repeated gift though. “Live versions of Joshua Tree songs” which has been done.

What I think they ought to do is release a Best of 2000-2020 compilation and the fan club gift should be a bonus disc or two of “Edge Picks” unreleased live cuts from that timespan.

It’s not a perfect idea but it at least gets them comfortable breaking into older parts of the catalog instead of doing another JT thing.

Crazy Tonight in a new Rosebowl mix
    "This time you can hear the crowd groan!!"

(I loved that version, don't mind me)
  7. no point in having Live Versions of Joshua Tree songs as we have Hoserama's Saitama recording. That to me is "Even Better Than The Real Thing".
  8. Originally posted by MattG:[..]

Right, it’s still essentially a repeated gift though. “Live versions of Joshua Tree songs” which has been done.

Matt,

The gift has already been announced. It's a Edge beanie.

Sombrero for Mexican fans, baseball hat for the Americans and top hat for the English. Collect the all.

miryclay
  9. The above gift has been cancelled. It's now a 4 spatchala set featuring each band member.
  10. Perfect for BBQ parties. Expect shipping next December.

11. Something like this

12. Yeah, I imagine you'd need to get in quick to snap up a copy Duals if they did that; demand would be huge