1. Hi Welsh_edge,
    I think that people don't want to pay to hear and see shows by different artists, but they buy the releases of their favorite bands still, and this happens only two or three times a year. And as for the varied shows and artists, people listen on spotify or another app. This market has been reduced, but it still exists with strength.

And if the HD crashes or breaks, the show will still be on the shelf.

2. Guilty as charged, your honour!

That and a desire for less clutter in my life is why I've started to be much more selective about what I buy in a physical format and why I'm choosing digital more often. Sometimes though it's insurance against not being able to access a digital copy in the future. Some stuff I had been listening to on Spottily suddenly disappeared. We all know too well about U2 material that is no longer available in iTunes.

3. Look at Bruce he offers concert downloads for $10 but open to everyone, no fee required. Personally I’d rather pay less of a fee (for ticket presales) and pay more for content.
  4. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:[..]

Guilty as charged, your honour!

That and a desire for less clutter in my life is why I've started to be much more selective about what I buy in a physical format and why I'm choosing digital more often. Sometimes though it's insurance against not being able to access a digital copy in the future. Some stuff I had been listening to on Spottily suddenly disappeared. We all know too well about U2 material that is no longer available in iTunes.
    That insurance you talk about is one of the main reasons I like u2 stuff in a physical format. With most other bands I just listen to there studio stuff which will always be easy to find. With u2 I’ve already lost the from the ground up bonus tracks and Unknown caller which was a bonus track when u22 came out, had to make do with audio rips from YouTube which generally isn’t the same. I’ve got the JT live singles on a memory stick to make sure I don’t lose them all with the dvd audio rips that I don’t want to have to go through again. I do also like having the item just to have a little look through the collection occasionally but u2 are the only band I collect anymore I just stream everything else which about 5 years ago would have been something unthinkable to me.
  5. Access to past gifts is another aspect of membership that could be changed. I totally understand that the supply of hard copies will be exhausted and access to digital versions shouldn't be provided if you weren't actually a member at the time; but for someone like you who had legitimate access to the bonus tracks but has lost them, you should be able to download them again. [A timely reminder to myself to back up my PC as it's been a while].
  6. U2 is the only band I buy the physical format of anything. (Although I did pick up the deluxe edition of Simple Minds Live In The City Of Angels on CD) But rarely do I buy any other artist in a physical format.
  7. I have quite night what’s if redundancy ensuring I keep my digital media. I have all audio on my iCloud music library via iTunes Match, on a MicroSD card which is always plugged to my Surface Pro, on a OneDrive account and on a external hard drive, so not really concerned about physical. My last physical purchases are still wrapped
  8. So many of you are very careful in terms of making sure your music is all very secure...

Is there a music bomb that's about to go off that I don't know about?

9. Do you know How To Dismantle an Atomic (music) Bomb?
  10. I think overall with this gift, there's 2 parts to this debate/discussion.

The aspect of the actual gift, in my book is fantastic. Whilst i didn't attend the November 2018 show in Berlin, i went in August/Sept 2018. Berlin 1 was probably my favourite U2 gig. The TV Broadcast was fantastic. It'll be great to see the full thing.

The aspect of media, there's just so much to not only this, but U2/Live Nation in general. I can see the cost aspect of keeping it on DVD, however, when you consider the fan club cost, they could put it on Blu Ray. However, if it absolutely has to be DVD then at least provide a HD/4K download on your profile page.

Then there's the wider issue of previous releases, why aren't they available on Netflix/Prime? The only thing on either platform (In the UK) a release called 'U2 at the BBC' and it's not the 2017 session, it's stuff from the 2009 day promoting NLOTH.

In this digital age, there's so much more that could be done.
  11. Originally posted by CraigFairlie:I think overall with this gift, there's 2 parts to this debate/discussion.

The aspect of the actual gift, in my book is fantastic. Whilst i didn't attend the November 2018 show in Berlin, i went in August/Sept 2018. Berlin 1 was probably my favourite U2 gig. The TV Broadcast was fantastic. It'll be great to see the full thing.

The aspect of media, there's just so much to not only this, but U2/Live Nation in general. I can see the cost aspect of keeping it on DVD, however, when you consider the fan club cost, they could put it on Blu Ray. However, if it absolutely has to be DVD then at least provide a HD/4K download on your profile page.

Then there's the wider issue of previous releases, why aren't they available on Netflix/Prime? The only thing on either platform (In the UK) a release called 'U2 at the BBC' and it's not the 2017 session, it's stuff from the 2009 day promoting NLOTH.

In this digital age, there's so much more that could be done.
    never heard of youtube? It's that other button on your remote control.. you can find almost everything there.. and why should they give away the Berlin concert for free in the highest quality??
  12. I don’t really see why not having older releases on Netflix or prime is an issue. If you want them buy them or as mentioned above watch them on YouTube. When it comes to the Berlin show I do think there’s some good logic in suggesting making it available as a download. Unlike what is suggested above they wouldn’t be giving it away for free they would be giving us it as part of our subscription cost. As a comparison Joker in HD digital & DVD on sky store costs £15.99 so it’s well within the cost of what subscribers pay. Especially in a non tour year when the site will offer pretty much nothing else except a few rubbish subscriber specials.